Do Not Sell My Personal Information

trip computer??

croc86

Hi all

I have just bought a 1.8 TDCi Ford Focus Zetec (2003 model). But there is no trip computer present. I have taken the dash trim away but can't feel any loose socket or wires that may have gone into a trip computer in the past.

How do I find out for sure if a trip computer can be installed in this car? Failing that how do I install a trip computer with all the relevant sensors!?

Thanks

Hi all

I have just bought a 1.8 TDCi Ford Focus Zetec (2003 model). But there is no trip computer present. I have taken the dash trim away but can't feel any loose socket or wires that may have gone into a trip computer in the past.

How do I find out for sure if a trip computer can be installed in this car? Failing that how do I install a trip computer with all the relevant sensors!?

Thanks

www.parkers.co.uk may indicate what comes as standard on your model?

www.parkers.co.uk may indicate what comes as standard on your model?

Parkers just said it was optional. However, there must be a way of knowing for sure....like finding if there is an external temperature sensor. Does anyone know if this is in the passenger side wing mirror before I go take a look??

• 2 weeks later...
Parkers just said it was optional. However, there must be a way of knowing for sure....like finding if there is an external temperature sensor. Does anyone know if this is in the passenger side wing mirror before I go take a look??

Anyone?? :huh:

No...anyone?

I don't no mate but I want to put one into my 2001 Ford Focus Black Edition( 1.6 Zetec Engine) but who know's, I know mine came with the option as it says in the owners manual.

• 2 weeks later...

the ambient air temp sensor is under the bonnet.the multi function computer would also need a switch on the end of the light stalk to operate it,if your car has not got it then you need to replace the indicator stalk and replace part of the wiring loom

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club