Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Titanium X 2014 - Dec 19Th

arkvoodle94

Hi everyone,

I joined the forum a few months ago but never really posted anything (shocking i know!) generally all of my questions have been answered on other topics but i have a few of my own -

I ordered a Ford Fiesta Titanium X all the way back in June after my C2 (The fiesta will be my seocnd car!) unfortunatly died so i went down to my local dealer (GK FORD) and ordered the highest spec Fiesta available.

After having ticked every option under the sun i was told that because i've ordered a 1.0 ecoboost powershift i couldnt have the 17" alloys, they didnt really give me an answer as to why but i really detest the original 12 spoke ones! And they wouldnt fit a Honeycomb Grille in the factory which didnt really make sense to me either.

So i ordered the grilles online and i've got replacement alloys to be fitted day one before i pick the car up in december (16" Lenso Bsx's)

Here are a few pictures that my dealer sent me, the car arrived last week so im itching to pick it up already haha. Unfortunatly i'm in the armed forces and am currently deployed hence the reason for the 19th Dec pick up date!

I'm also getting it dropped 30-35mm using the Eibach pro springs the second day.

Sorry about the huge paragraph! Here are a few questions i have that are realling bugging me any help would be great!

Is there any reason that the fiesta titanium X cannot have 17" alloys?

Has anyone applied the Eibach pros to their Titanium X with the 16" alloys, if so how does it look?

Will a 64gb usb work with Ford Sync?

Thanks a lot! :)

post-55962-0-12711900-1414776356_thumb.jpost-55962-0-37206300-1414776421_thumb.jpost-55962-0-93343500-1414776468_thumb.jpost-55962-0-52059400-1414776867_thumb.jpost-55962-0-08069900-1414777050_thumb.j

I can answer your question on the USB as Yes :) I used a 64 gb without problems. I'm using a 120gb solid state drive now with no problems, just make sure it's formatted to FAT32.

As for your grill the factory won't fit it but the supplying dealer may offer to. This is technically a modification.

As for your grill the factory won't fit it but the supplying dealer may offer to. This is technically a modification.

I can answer your question on the USB as Yes :) I used a 64 gb without problems. I'm using a 120gb solid state drive now with no problems, just make sure it's formatted to FAT32.

Hi Willy thanks for the speedy reply, that's great about sync working with 32gb> drives (theres no way i'd ever fill a 64gb with music though!) I was going to get a micro usb one so it sits almost flush with the usb port.

Ahh i see now in terms of the Grille, i spoke to them at the time of ordering and we agreed that if i sourced the grilles & fog replacements they would fit them for free. I wouldnt even attempt to do it myself there wouldnt be much of a front bumper left haha!

I had the same problems as you. I wanted the zetec s look but with powershift so had to buy the titinium X with bodykit. The reason you cant have the wheels is all to do with emissions apparently. with the bigger wheels it puts the car outside the allocated range for that model. You can get them fitted after but to be honest when i got my car i thought the 12 spoke alloys looked better than i expected they would so i didn't bother changing them. Also the dealer said i would have to change them back if handing the car back after 2 yrs otherwise they couldn't re sell it with the 17 inch wheels on it. I also had the grill changed by my dealer. It cost £425 parts and labour fitted and that included the upper and lower grills the fog light surrounds and the spoiler. I was also given the old parts back which had been removed very carfefully and are in new condition still. Looking on eBay these parts sell altogether for about £120 second hand so all in all i was quite happy with the deal. Just to let you know also that the car drives very well i average around 40 mpg mostly town and mid to upper 40'S when motorway run is included and on a long run with 3 in the car when i first got it averaging 60-65 it returned 52 mpg so i was happy with that. My only negative about the car is that i don't find the partial leather seats very comfortable at all and they give me back ache after a while.

I had the same problems as you. I wanted the zetec s look but with powershift so had to buy the titinium X with bodykit. The reason you cant have the wheels is all to do with emissions apparently. with the bigger wheels it puts the car outside the allocated range for that model. You can get them fitted after but to be honest when i got my car i thought the 12 spoke alloys looked better than i expected they would so i didn't bother changing them. Also the dealer said i would have to change them back if handing the car back after 2 yrs otherwise they couldn't re sell it with the 17 inch wheels on it. I also had the grill changed by my dealer. It cost £425 parts and labour fitted and that included the upper and lower grills the fog light surrounds and the spoiler. I was also given the old parts back which had been removed very carfefully and are in new condition still. Looking on Ebay these parts sell altogether for about £120 second hand so all in all i was quite happy with the deal. Just to let you know also that the car drives very well i average around 40 mpg mostly town and mid to upper 40'S when motorway run is included and on a long run with 3 in the car when i first got it averaging 60-65 it returned 52 mpg so i was happy with that. My only negative about the car is that i don't find the partial leather seats very comfortable at all and they give me back ache after a while.

Ahh i see, that explains why they dont come factory fitted. I've already bought replacement 16" aftermarket alloys to replace the 12 spokes but i'll be keeping them in my garage if i ever do decide to sell the car in the future. Colin are you on the ford lease scheme where you can trade in your car after a certain time for a new one? I managed to haggle with the dealer to get my grilles changed for free aslong as i sourced the replacements upper,lower and fog surrounds. I was going to list the original chrome ones online so thanks for giving me a ballpark figure of what they go for!

I'd be very happy with those mpg figures if mine matches them, i'd be travelling from Plymouth-Nottingham every week so i'd be racking up fair amount of mileage so that makes me happy. Have you had any technical snags at all with your powershift? I'm a little paranoid after past experiences with Citroens "Sensodrive" i'm reallying hoping powershift proves to be reliable in the long term. As for seats i opted for the full leather option i didnt like the look of the partial seats. If you dont mind me asking how much did you pay for your Titanium X in total? I believe mine comes to £19,975 over 4yrs with a £5500 deposit.

Might be your seat isn't set properly. I have Titanium x with half leather and have done 10,500 miles in six months with no problem. On very long runs (3 hours plus) if my back is getting a little stiff I use the heated seat for 5-10 minutes which seems to do the trick.

I have tried adjustments on the seat to no avail. i'm 6 foot and find i have to have the seat at it's lowest position to give me the leg room i need. To be honest i would probably have better suited to a focus in regards to seats and legroom.

Amrit i paid £15.200 for mine including the £700 cash back for the taking the finance over 2 years with the option of handng it back after that time. I was quoted by another dealer just under £19k for a lesser spec but i think i caught my current dealer at the right time as they said they needed to get their quoters for that month and i had also dealt with them before. I think i got a good deal so wasn't gonna get anything else thrown in. The only thing i didn't opt for was the Sat nav as i have had one before and and the updated maps are a joke cost wise and my £100 Tom Tom gets free updates for life. i also find i don't really use the reverse camera as i find the display too small. I have had no issues with the gearbox at all. You do get the odd occasion where at a certain speed it changes up and down a couple of times but i think thats normal for this type of box and i have had a similar thing with a previous car. Overall i think the auto works fine and i believe talk of problems that you read about the powershift boxes are to do with the 1600 versions with is apparently totally different box.

Sorry i've thrown you a wobbly there.

That would have been the cost if i had paid off the finance after the first month as you still keep the initial discount. The cash price without finance would have been £15.900 but with the finance i will end up paying in total £16.600 if i pay the balance after 2 years

Personally when a got ma car a was gonna get the 17" wheels too but a didn't like them (don't like low profile tyres anymore) last car made so much noise and prefere the look of the spoked wheels with big sidewalls actually suits car well

As you can see i love it

post-50202-141485393681_thumb.jpg

I have tried adjustments on the seat to no avail. i'm 6 foot and find i have to have the seat at it's lowest position to give me the leg room i need. To be honest i would probably have better suited to a focus in regards to seats and legroom.

Amrit i paid £15.200 for mine including the £700 cash back for the taking the finance over 2 years with the option of handng it back after that time. I was quoted by another dealer just under £19k for a lesser spec but i think i caught my current dealer at the right time as they said they needed to get their quoters for that month and i had also dealt with them before. I think i got a good deal so wasn't gonna get anything else thrown in. The only thing i didn't opt for was the Sat nav as i have had one before and and the updated maps are a joke cost wise and my £100 Tom Tom gets free updates for life. i also find i don't really use the reverse camera as i find the display too small. I have had no issues with the gearbox at all. You do get the odd occasion where at a certain speed it changes up and down a couple of times but i think thats normal for this type of box and i have had a similar thing with a previous car. Overall i think the auto works fine and i believe talk of problems that you read about the powershift boxes are to do with the 1600 versions with is apparently totally different box.

It sounds like you got a good deal on your Titanium X, i originally felt that the price i was quoted was astronomical for a fiesta but considering all of the options and features the car has it was a no brainer. I did look at Polos and Audi A1's aswell but there was just something about the Fiesta that kept drawing me back! Ahhh i'm glad you've brought up the satnav, i havent actually been told whether the updates will be free or not, thats something i'll be discussing with them soon. If it turns out having to pay for the updates i'll just buy a tom tom. I got the reversing camera added just because it was there really its nice to have but like you said the screen is fairly small you'd be squinting to see it a lot!

Thats put my mind at rest, i like the idea of it having 6 gears aswell. I found it really nippy and easy to pick up when i test drove one back in June, i guess the gearing changes you adjust to in time the more you drive it, really looking forward to picking it up now!

Personally when a got ma car a was gonna get the 17" wheels too but a didn't like them (don't like low profile tyres anymore) last car made so much noise and prefere the look of the spoked wheels with big sidewalls actually suits car well

As you can see i love it

Your car looks great, what colour did you opt for? I see what you mean with the 12 spoke's it does seem to suit the car very well the more i look at it! I've got some Lenso Bsx alloys i'll be fitting, i think it'd suit the black & white colour scheme i'm going for and should compliment the Eibach pro kit that will be fitted too dropping it a further 30mm.

post-55962-0-57108000-1414856691_thumb.j

Your car looks great, what colour did you opt for? I see what you mean with the 12 spoke's it does seem to suit the car very well the more i look at it! I've got some Lenso Bsx alloys i'll be fitting, i think it'd suit the black & white colour scheme i'm going for and should compliment the eibach pro kit that will be fitted too dropping it a further 30mm.

attachicon.gif1.jpg

A didn't buy the car brand new a got it used it's only one year old lol and save me thousands! (Was a business car) only 1yr old I brought the salesman down to £9,750! It's called nautical blue and in certain lights it looks like different shades of blue lol and yeah am thinking of lowering mines but the suspension atm is brilliant in ma last car a went over a pothole at bottom of the street where I live and gave the car a thud! this one you can't even feel it! A love the car to bits lol

Those wheels look good (not me style but looking good!)

how come it's got the tiny spoiler? Thought it would be a zetec s + titanium

how come it's got the tiny spoiler? Thought it would be a zetec s + titanium

It has the same spoiler as the Zetec S?

Paramaniac didn't get the dress up kit for the titanium I think

Zetec S / ST have the same spoiler, also comes with the dress up kit ;)

so it does couldn't see the two holes in the spoiler until i looked closely

• 1 month later...

Quick update for you all,

Got my front Grilles changed (upper, lower and fogs) and alloys changed.

Just under 2 weeks left until i pick her up now, excited isnt the word!

Apologises for the poor pics, courtesy of my old man whilst i'm away!

Managed to book in my Fiesta at a local garage to get the Eibach Pro's fitted for £125 incl tracking the day after i pick up too which is a lot better than the £360 quoted by ford! The extra 30mm drop will be well welcomed, too much gap in the arches at the minute! - Got to say though, white's going to be a killer to maintain 0_0

post-55962-0-55440200-1417943439_thumb.j

post-55962-0-73643800-1417943520_thumb.j

post-55962-0-72059800-1417943564_thumb.j

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club