Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A few new Fiesta questions

coysht

Hi all - new here.

Looking to get rid of my (beloved, but) old 98 Fiesta and buy a spanking new Fiesta Zetec S in the near future but I have a few questions that someone who owns a new Fiesta will no doubt be able to answer:

On the dash, just below the stereo there is a panel that looks like it should open/slide out as some form of tray/cubby hole - does it?

(pre-production photos show it having a little "handle" on it, but not sure exactly what the score is - see this image: http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/upl...fiesta_008.jpg)

Do the mirrors (either standard or power-fold) have the functionality to point themselves downwards when you engage reverse - thus making parallel parking as easy as sitting down.

On the Zetec S do the stereo upgrades add rear Speakers?

Cheers, Tom.

On the dash, just below the stereo there is a panel that looks like it should open/slide out as some form of tray/cubby hole - does it?

(pre-production photos show it having a little "handle" on it, but not sure exactly what the score is - see this image: http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/upl...fiesta_008.jpg)

Not on the zetec-s not sure about the others

Do the mirrors (either standard or power-fold) have the functionality to point themselves downwards when you engage reverse - thus making parallel parking as easy as sitting down.

Again my zetec-s doesnt do this when i put it in reverse

On the Zetec S do the stereo upgrades add rear Speakers?

I havent got the upgrade but i think it does add the Speakers yes

The blank panel under the stereo does nothing. Ford had planned for it to be a slide out drawer but after the stereo and climate controls were fitted there wasn;t enough room. It's just a blanking panel.

The wing mirrors don't tilt down for me, I have electrically operated mirrors but I don't know it the city pack is different.

If you have the bluetooth/voicecontrol/USB stereo upgrades then yes, you will have Speakers in the rear.

On the subject of questions, is the bluetooth and voice control 2 separate things? I thought they were one in the same with the USB being an extra?

On the subject of questions, is the bluetooth and voice control 2 separate things? I thought they were one in the same with the USB being an extra?

I think that they're bundled together. So if your car has bluetooth it will also have voice control and the AUX socket. If you have USB you have all of them as well as the USB port.

My panel under stereo does not open, it does not do anything. My mirrors will only tilt (the glass bit) if I manually do them by the electronic control on drivers door so not auto when reversing. Dont know about Speakers as have not upgraded.

Go on order now, you wont regret it lol.

Go on order now, you wont regret it lol.

After the recent price increase I think the Zetec S is definately just out of my reach price-wise for the moment - was hoping I could get a deal of some sort, but no dealers I've spoken to are playing ball - best offer I've had is to throw a spare wheel and the sideskirts in for free.

Coy - you mean no discount at all apart from the freebies?

If that's the case I'd say you're not being aggressive enough in your negotiation. If you have your heart set on a Zetec S and have a maximum figure in mind - perhaps give it to them and say if they want the sale they'll have to match it.

Another way is (if you're buying on finance) is give them your maximum monthly payment and ask them to match that. Finance is attractive to dealers anyway and they sometimes seem more wiling to discount on the monthly payment - perhaps it seems to them they're giving away less!

Discounts are easy to get at present - nearly £4K off my Titanium's list price for example...

Try going to one of the on line places (buyacar.com or similar) and see what you can spec the car up for - at least it will give you a guide as to what you can get off albeit you won't get quite as much with a dealer with premises to maintain.

Alternatively check out the car mags and, What Car, Autocar, etc., as they tend to give a guide price as to what you can expect to pay for a car

I got about £2,750 off of the cost of mine so discounts can be got - and usually pretty easily with Ford.

Having said all of that, with the demand as high as it is maybe they are cutting back on discounts to get help with the wiating lists

I,m not an aggressive negotiator or a tough barterer, but I got a Zetec and for about £2700 off the list price excl the blue tooth which was also included.

Thats the sort of discounts I had in mind as a starting point TBH, I'm possibly looking at the scrappage scheme which is £2000 off the RRP, but I've seen better deals on sites like buyacar.com (as you say) and with the government giving half, the £2k off means the dealer really isn't trying.

They seemed to want to pretty much give me a Zetec, but the S was more difficult.

I'm continuing the hunt, and I'm sure something will come up before too long, even if its early next year before I get it!

I think it will depend on their sales and perhaps they've over sold in the zetec s and under sold in others so to bring things back on a par or because the zetec s is now more rare due to the over sales they are not discounting so much. As you say tho it will change so if you can wait then that maybe is the best thing if you are set on the zetec s.

Even in the poor shape of the car market they seem to still want to shift what they want to shift, but then again I suppose, especially in the current market they need to make sure they do shift all the types they have and not just one or two series.

Good luck in your search.

Discounts are easy to get at present - nearly £4K off my Titanium's list price for example...

Wow....some discount that, does this include the £2000 scrappage allowance, as £2500 to £2750 discount without it seems to be the norm on a Titanium......Expect we would like to know which dealer is giving them away at that price if scrappage is not included!!

Hi coy.

A lot of the online dealers don't accept the scrappage scheme. try dealdrivers. I saved over £4,000 with my ordered zetec. they accept scrappage.

Whatever you do, don't go to a*******.com (forced to edit post, although factually true) they rip you off, get you a crap deal and you'll have to fight tooth and nail to get a refund of the fee.

Hope this helps.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club