Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mudflaps

golty

Recently got a brand new fiesta zetec 1.0 ecoboost and I'm thinking of getting some mud flaps fitted.

Just got a couple of questions.

How hard are they to fit?

Does £100 sound like a good price for a dealer to supply and fit them?

Thanks

The parts are £54 so if your happy with £46 for fitting go for it, seems ok to me, depends if your any good with DIY etc. the flaps will come with instructions and aren't usually to difficult to fit. Transit mudflaps took about 20mins but need a rivet gun.

Or put them on and don't have as much dirt along the sides at this time of year.

• Like 1

Definitely go for them. Save your paintwork from stone chips and keep the doors cleaner.

ye really think I need em, only had the car two weeks and its filthy. My old car which had mud flaps never got this dirty.

I was thinking the same getting some,wash the dam thing a 1 bit of water and all up door and sill.

Do they sit nice and look ok as i don't seem to see a lot with them on.

I think the fact you don't see a lot of cars with them answers your question Jace.

I'd rather wipe my car over than spoil it's neat lines with bits of added on rubber.

The reason you don't see many cars with flaps anymore is not many people actually think about having them. They're an optional extra so I doubt many who weren't that bothered about cars would pay to have them fitted.

I bought some ford genuine ones from eBay £52, guna have a go fitting them but if I can't I know someone who will fit them for me he owes me a favour.

• Like 1

They're really easy to fit and instructions are included

I might be on my own here, but I think they look better with mudflaps :)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

No, you are definitely not on your own; I've spec'd mud flaps on every car I've owned, including my present and previous Fiesta cars. Apart from protecting the bottom of the car (including doors and sills), the car does look better with fitted mud flaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

Shame they don't make painted and moulded / rigid ones like they used to on 90's cars, looked quite good back in the day over this cheap flappy stuff.

Quite handy at times, especially when there are huge puddles about.

I have to say I prefer black ones! They blend in with the tyres normally so they're a bit less obvious.

Totally agree fit them mate I fitted genuine ford mud flaps front n rear look gr8

• 2 weeks later...

I just started looking into this as it's been 2 weeks and I'm already fed up with the mud all over my car! Does anyone have any pictures of the proper Ford ones fitted so I can see how "ugly" they look?

Ford mudflaps won't fit your ZS because of the side skits and rear bumper extensions.

Ford mudflaps won't fit your ZS because of the side skits and rear bumper extensions.

Ah, I guess that makes sense actually... Silly Ford, missing money making opportunities :P

I would presume by extension they don't fit the ST either then?

Correct.

Only option is the rallyflapz style, I've been looking at the rokblokz flaps from the states as they look better.

Correct.

Only option is the rallyflapz style, I've been looking at the rokblokz flaps from the states as they look better.

Yeah I saw those rallyflapz ones, they look kinda bad I think personally...

You mean these ones then? http://www.rokblokz.com/ford-fiesta-st-13-14.html

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club