Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mph Per 1000Rpm In 5Th?

winemart2

I found one reference (somewhere) saying the ecoboost 125 does 25mph per 1000rpm in 5th which would make it the same as a MkII XR2. 75 at 3k seemed ok to me at the time. Elsewhere in the forums guys reckon it does 70mph at 3500rpm and needs a 6th gear. Anyone know the definitive figures?

Do all 3 power units (80, 100, 125) use the same box ratios?

Still waiting 2+ weeks for my Tit.

My car has the Ecoboost 125 PS, and at 60 mph in 4th gear, it runs at roughly 2500 revs and around the 2000 mark in 5th gear. I've never really noticed the rev counter when going over 70 mph to be honest with you, but I know in my previous Zetec S, which had a 1.6 engine, the revs were nearly 3500 at 70 mph in 5th gear.

My car has the Ecoboost 125 PS, and at 60 mph in 4th gear, it runs at roughly 2500 revs and around the 2000 mark in 5th gear. I've never really noticed the rev counter when going over 70 mph to be honest with you, but I know in my previous Zetec S, which had a 1.6 engine, the revs were nearly 3500 at 70 mph in 5th gear.

That sounds impressive. What are the revs at 70? The ST does around 2500 at 70 by the speedo in 6th, or about 2750 if you use a GPS to check the speed (around 75 on the speedo). I guess if the 1.0L does similar revs and the gears aren't too long for the torque it has, then it doesn't need a 6th gear like I assumed.

That sounds impressive. What are the revs at 70? The ST does around 2500 at 70 by the speedo in 6th, or about 2750 if you use a GPS to check the speed (around 75 on the speedo). I guess if the 1.0L does similar revs and the gears aren't too long for the torque it has, then it doesn't need a 6th gear like I assumed.

Hi Phil, I'm popping out shortly so I'll take it to 70 mph and report back here with the results. I suspect it'll be around the 2500 revs in 5th gear or thereabouts. I was impressed by the low revs when I took a test drive in it, and is certainly much lower than my previous Zetec S which I felt really needed a 6th gear when passing even 60 mph. At 60, it used to run at around the 3000 rev mark.

Am in Blackpool atm (came from near Glasgow Scotland) and done full drive on cruise control my revs at 72 were roughly 2.4k a think (just going off memory) but was getting about 52mpg (even though Scottish motorways and north of england are very hilly!)

Am in Blackpool atm (came from near Glasgow Scotland) and done full drive on cruise control my revs at 72 were roughly 2.4k a think (just going off memory) but was getting about 52mpg (even though Scottish motorways and north of england are very hilly!)

That's good, is that 72 by the speedo or what a satnav shows? It would be interesting to see what MPG you'd get on a long trip on the M1, I got about 47 MPG driving back from London to Leeds a week ago so you'd probably get about 60.

That's good, is that 72 by the speedo or what a satnav shows? It would be interesting to see what MPG you'd get on a long trip on the M1, I got about 47 MPG driving back from London to Leeds a week ago so you'd probably get about 60.

72-3 on Speedo and on satnav it's 70mph Is the m1 flat a take it?

72-3 on Speedo and on satnav it's 70mph Is the m1 flat a take it?

It's pretty flat, probably flatter than Scotland anyway lol.

• Like 1

I'm popping out shortly so I'll take it to 70 mph and report back here with the results.

70 mph in 5th gear was around the 2500 rev mark, and the same speed in 4th gear was just over 3000 revs, say around 3100 give or take.

• Like 1

70 mph in 5th gear was around the 2500 rev mark, and the same speed in 4th gear was just over 3000 revs, say around 3100 give or take.

That's very impressive, so 4th gear of the 1.0L is longer that 5th of the old 1.6 lol. In my last Fiesta with the 1.6 it was doing over 3500 rpm at 70. I guess it makes sense because the 1.0L Ecoboost has so much more torque than the old 1.6 that it can still pull well with longer gears.

That's very impressive, so 4th gear of the 1.0L is longer that 5th of the old 1.6 lol. In my last Fiesta with the 1.6 it was doing over 3500 rpm at 70. I guess it makes sense because the 1.0L Ecoboost has so much more torque than the old 1.6 that it can still pull well with longer gears.

I'm going back a few years now, but my first Fiesta which I bought new in 1996 had a 1.4 engine, and the rpm's at 60 and 70 mph in 5th gear were near enough exactly the same (if memory serves me correctly) as my previous 1.6 Fiesta. I must admit to being impressed how Ford have managed to achieve this with only a 1 litre engine, but my knowledge of car mechanics is pretty limited if I'm being totally honest.

My previous Focus MK1.5 1.6 was running about 3000 at 70 mph.

This was a heavier car with a less powerful version of the 1.6 engine.

Go onto automobile-catalog.com Look around the site and you will find gear ratios,rpm at different speeds,actual speeds ,theoretical speeds etc for most Fords.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club