Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blowers, Or Lack Of ???

Mike77

Hey guys, got in the car tonight. Windscreen was misted up, so I pressed the MAX screen button, and started on my journey. ... but by the time I arrived home the screen was still partially misted. So I put my hand in front of the vent on top of the dash and there was NOTHING coming out. Heaters were blowing like mad, but no blast coming through the vent ? Anyone shed any light on this. Its a titanium model with the auto controls if that helps. Cheers, Mike.

when was the pollen filter last changed? if this gets blocked it will restrict air flow.

Is it just the windscreen vent that isn't working, does it change if you move it to the forward vents or footwells?

Could just be something has got jammed in the mechanism that directs airflow.

My old Titanium had a similar problem, except it would ONLY blow air at the windscreen and nowhere else lol. Turned out the mechanism that automatically redirects the air was damaged and was replaced under warranty.

Did you use the heated windscreen too? That's the first thing I turn on each morning (after the engine). It works great, even clears frost away.

Thanks guys, I get heat and blowing power everywhere except the screen. The heated screen works, but I like it to blow clear also with the air con. The pollen filter was changed less than 2000 miles ago :-/ its gonna eat away at me this one lol.

Thanks guys, I get heat and blowing power everywhere except the screen. The heated screen works, but I like it to blow clear also with the air con. The pollen filter was changed less than 2000 miles ago :-/ its gonna eat away at me this one lol.

Yeah its a bit of a problem, it's a good thing you have the heated screen or you'd be in real trouble. It's a shame the warranty has ran out (unless you still have a dealer warranty?) because if it's the same problem I had they said it would have cost a few hundred quid to replace the damaged part.

Way out of warranty im afraid...... oh dear. Thought it might just have been the pipe that feeds the air tobthe screen. Or would that be to simple haha.

Way out of warranty im afraid...... oh dear. Thought it might just have been the pipe that feeds the air tobthe screen. Or would that be to simple haha.

It could be. Does it direct the air correctly to the middle and lower vents? If so it might not be such a serious problem.

It works great, even clears frost away.

That's what it's designed to do ;)

Ok, so I was a little inaccurate with my first post. I've now worked out that no matter what position my blower is set too, I ONLY get air through the front vents ( the ones that keep your face warm lol ) The fan works as it should, from gentle breeze to full on hurricane. But no choice were I want my heat to be sent ????

Sounds like the direction mechanism isn't broken as Phil suggested

Sounds like the direction mechanism isn't broken as Phil suggested

I was going to say it sounds like that is broken lol, that's the exact problem I had except the air is stuck blowing through the middle vents instead of the windscreen one.

Any ideas on the best route to fix this,,,, ? Is it the actual digital dial thing that I press that is broke, or something deeper into the dash ?

Could you not go to the dealers and tell them they've cause the problem and that it was impossible to notice before now cause you've not had to use the blowers? Surely then they'll at least have a look at it and if it's a quick fix do it for free? :) worth a shot surely?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

^ Concur, how long you had it anyway?

tbh it'll be an absolute pig of a job to do yourself, the whole dash may have to come out and there is an immense amount of cabling and plastics in the way of it all.

It's never really been into the dealers, its a late 2008 model :wacko: only done 52k miles, but hardly think they'll take that into consideration lol. Only noticed it the other day, as it was taking AGESSSSSSSSSSS to clear using the blowers. Then yesterday I sat in the car and tried all the settings, and its just coming out of the front vents regardless of which setting it is on. Even on the feet setting, I can feel warm air, but not enough to bother a feather ???

My old fez was late 07 model but had a similar issue, nothing much would come out front directional vents, couldn't be bothered with dealers so just froze half to death!

Ah that sucks though.: surely it's been in for servicing and what not? Just claim they've changed the pollen filter wrong and air flow is disrupted and they should look at it

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I think mine was actually a mechanical fault, something to do with the arms controlling the airflow being disconnected, and an expensive part had to be replaced.

• 2 years later...

Hey,

i'm from Belgium i checked all french forums nobody found the solution so i came here, is anybody find the issu?

Mine is a ford fiesta 2009 automatic climate and blow only on front vents.

Thanks

Hi

Have just completed repair on my 2009 titanium for the air not blowing through the correct vents.

Solution is quite easy but cost is very very expensive,

A small electric motor is required to be replaced ( heater blend actuator) which can be obtained from a ford dealer.

On my car the motor was ok,but the small lever which is attached to the motor and the linkage was broken..

Here lies the problem the small lever does not come with the motor and cannot be bought at all.

The only solution is to buy a complete heater box from ford dealer at a cost of about £570 to get the parts you require.

This seems to be a design fault as the replacement part seems to have modified by ford to make things stronger.

If you need further details I will help if i can.

• 3 years later...

Hi guys 

My air vents at the front are not blowing air as much as they should sometimes nothing at all the dashboard is and only let's heat out now and again so not always warm 

Anyone any ideas what could be causing this 

• 2 years later...

I had this problem on an old Fiesta and the issue was bits of tissue caught up in the air vents. What happens sometimes when when we clear the windscreen with a raggy cloth or tissue, some bits fall of it and can get caught up in the air vents. This surprised me on how much I pulled out to clear mine. I took of a few plastic panels and fiddled out a bit and got rid of it all, was the last time to use tissue to clean the windscreen and a lesson learned.