Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta vs Corsa

paulworthing

As you may well know, a few months ago I hired a Ford Fiesta (1.4 Zetec) for the weekend and that lead me to use my Smart For two as the deposit on my new Fiesta Titanium X. I have just got back from the hire company having needed a car for the weekend just gone and they gave me a Vauxhall Corsa 1.4 something . . .

Previously I had read how the Corsa was the best small car you could buy until the Fiesta came out and robbed it of the crown but dear god, the Corsa is a hatefull small car and just how had are the rest of the small cars on the market to make that the previous best in class?

It was slow, tiresome, on a return drive to London it gave ma a bad back (I did exactly the same drive in the Fiesta when I had that and it was fine), no mp3 connector, cramped, small and awkward boot, not as much fun to drive and, lets be honest, looked HIDEOUS!

Has anyone else test drove both models and found that the Fiesta is way ahead in all areas??

Funnily enough shortly after I bought my Fiesta my sister bought a new Corsa. I've had a ride in it and it's not bad (but then I'm used to driving an Astra van at work). I still prefer my Fiesta over it though. It didn't have mp3 connector but it does have an auxiallary cable, so an mp3 player can be connected (just not controlled) - I had many conversations with her, explaining that it wasn't an mp3 cable :)

I also found the cruise control a lot easier to set and control than the corsa's.

As you may well know, a few months ago I hired a Ford Fiesta (1.4 Zetec) for the weekend and that lead me to use my Smart For two as the deposit on my new Fiesta Titanium X. I have just got back from the hire company having needed a car for the weekend just gone and they gave me a Vauxhall Corsa 1.4 something . . .

Previously I had read how the Corsa was the best small car you could buy until the Fiesta came out and robbed it of the crown but dear god, the Corsa is a hatefull small car and just how had are the rest of the small cars on the market to make that the previous best in class?

It was slow, tiresome, on a return drive to London it gave ma a bad back (I did exactly the same drive in the Fiesta when I had that and it was fine), no mp3 connector, cramped, small and awkward boot, not as much fun to drive and, lets be honest, looked HIDEOUS!

Has anyone else test drove both models and found that the Fiesta is way ahead in all areas??

My other half has a year old Corsa 1.0 Life. Life is the sentence you should get for buying one - it is a hateful little car. A one litre engine in a car that weighs as much as the Queen Mary makes for long journeys. It guzzles fuel as you have to drive it flat out everywhere just to keep up.

I have also tried a 1.2 and it is also painfully slow (I asked the rental company if 1.2 was it's top speed)

Add to that a narrow cabin and it is clear the Fiesta is a far superior car.

I had to learn to drive with BSM so I drove a Corsa. I liked it. I haven't drove a new fiesta yet but I sat in the one in the show room. I must admit the fiesta is going to take some getting used to as it felt hugh inside compared to the Corsa.

Funnily enough shortly after I bought my Fiesta my sister bought a new Corsa. I've had a ride in it and it's not bad (but then I'm used to driving an Astra van at work). I still prefer my Fiesta over it though. It didn't have mp3 connector but it does have an auxiallary cable, so an mp3 player can be connected (just not controlled) - I had many conversations with her, explaining that it wasn't an mp3 cable :)

I also found the cruise control a lot easier to set and control than the corsa's.

Clearly your sister hasa better spec than I hired . . .

My other half has a year old Corsa 1.0 Life. Life is the sentence you should get for buying one - it is a hateful little car. A one litre engine in a car that weighs as much as the Queen Mary makes for long journeys. It guzzles fuel as you have to drive it flat out everywhere just to keep up.

I have also tried a 1.2 and it is also painfully slow (I asked the rental company if 1.2 was it's top speed)

Add to that a narrow cabin and it is clear the Fiesta is a far superior car.

I was advised that I had hired a 1.4 and it was so slow on the motorways - struggled to keep up with the flow of traffic and was so noisy whereas the 1.4 Zetec was a dream. Might not have been that quick off of the mark but once it was up to speed it was a riot to chuck about a bit. I tried it ONCE with the corse round a roundabout and while the squeal of tyres might sound fun it did stop me trying it again.

i like new corsa's. i learnt to drive in one and think they are alrite tbh. also my girlfriends bro has a nice sxi which looks amazing, and the vxr's look the mutts nuts!

I have just driven a 56 reg corsa in my driving test. it was the first time i have ever driven it and it was absolutely shocking! within the first few minutes i knew it was horrible and that impression carried on throughout the test.

awful, awful car!

i like new corsa's. i learnt to drive in one and think they are alrite tbh. also my girlfriends bro has a nice sxi which looks amazing, and the vxr's look the mutts nuts!

Have to ask JohnP - do you ever wear Burberry, trackies, trainers and/or a baseball cap?

haha i'm no chav. can't stand cheapo body kits and "bling" wheels, theres just something nice about a factory finished fast road car like the new focus RS or corsa/astra VXR's

oh and i do wear trackies and trainers sometimes! but only when i'm at the gym! :P

I’ve had the pleasure of driving one earlier this year with BSM, its quiet a good looking car and quiet responsive. The only one complaint was the huge pillars, this meant on slight bends to the right I'd of had to lean forward. Thumbs up for me and definitely worth considering.

The car i traded in for my fiesta was a 56 reg (new shape) corsa 1.2 life, i liked the looks but the performance was shocking and the mpg was even more shocking lol. Even the 1.4 sxi hire car i had at one point was just as bad for performace and mpg.....much prefer the fiesta ;) ..although the one saving grace for the corsa is that it handles so much better than the fiesta imo.

Well, I had a Corsa 1.2 SXI and it was a great little car but to be fair it wasn't the new shape; mine was a 2002 model.

I test drove a new shape 1.4 Corsa and to be honest was very disappointed as my old shape one was much better.

I had considered an Arctic VXR before I bought my Fiesta but now I'm glad I didn't buy it as the Fiesta is far superior--obviously it's not as quick but then again speed isn't everything.

That doesn't mean that I won't be first in the queue for the ST though........ :ph34r:

I havent driven the new Fiesta... wish I could try it though like!

In my driving lessons I learnt in the old Fiesta (not sure what mk it was) but it was 54 plate.... you know the one I mean. I loved it, was a lovely drive.

Then one week someone crashed it and I had to go in a brand new Corsa for a few weeks and I have to say it was horrible, just didnt like it one bit and felt awkard to drive. I also didnt like where the gear knob was... strange I know.

My mum has a Corsa which I enjoyed driving (the last one they brought out!) and I like that too.

If I had the choice though and I am not just saying it because this is a ford forum but the Fiesta wins hands down!

I learnt to drive and passed my test in an '08 Corsa Sxi, and it was alright, nice enough to drive, much better than the Pug 207, I learnt in before, I think I just hate that car because I failed my test twice in it, lol.

I wouldn't swap my Fiesta for a Corsa, no way!! It's much more stylish, and GORGEOUS all round! :lol:

Iv'e had a couple of Vauxhall's over the years - including the Tigra which was great fun. Can't say that I'm taken by the 'new' Corsa

though. It's always struck me as an "okay" car - whereas the VXR is the exception to the rule. That is one lovely looking little hatch -

especially in red!

corsavxr20081600x1200wa.jpg

Iv'e had a couple of Vauxhall's over the years - including the Tigra which was great fun. Can't say that I'm taken by the 'new' Corsa

though. It's always struck me as an "okay" car - whereas the VXR is the exception to the rule. That is one lovely looking little hatch -

especially in red!

totally agree with you there, infact most factory hot hatches look awesome!

Sorry but with the possible exception of the fact that the exhaust exits through the rear diffuser it just looks too OTT for my liking an thats without those hideous front fog light surrounds.

I'll stick to my more subtle fiesta, which is so much nicer to drive, thank you very much

no matter, we all have our own opinions! haven't driven a new fiesta but i really fancy testing one now seen as most of you lot seem to think they're a lot better than corsa's which i thought were ok tbh.

i'd still have a corsa VXR though!

i'd still have a corsa VXR though!

Rather than a fully kitted out and tuned Fiesta Titanium/Zetec S (don't forget that the VXR is quiet a few grand more than the top of the range fiesta) or the ST if and when it comes out??

Rather than a fully kitted out and tuned Fiesta Titanium/Zetec S (don't forget that the VXR is quiet a few grand more than the top of the range fiesta) or the ST if and when it comes out??

if money was no object then yea i would have the corsa VXR, i just prefer the look of it.

I saw a new VXR corsa in black a while back, my jaw dropped it looked amazing!

they do look sweet. one was behind me the other day, looked well aggressive. think it was driven by a c**k though cos he overtook a line of 3 cars.

they do look sweet. one was behind me the other day, looked well aggressive. think it was driven by a c**k though cos he overtook a line of 3 cars.

That would be the usual boy racer then as they seem to be the ones that buy these chav'd up Vauxhalls

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club