Do Not Sell My Personal Information

One-Touch Electric Windows Problem

Bluee

After I put wind deflectors on it. The passenger side windows doesn't go up with one-touch anymore (goes down fine), I have to hold the button to fully close it. I'm assuming I have to reset it somehow but I don't know how exactly.

Also the speed of how both windows open and close have slowed down quite a bit. The wind deflectors been on for a week now so it should've worn in, right? :/

Open and close the window but keep the button pressed in for a few seconds when it is fully closed, this should reset the one touch.

When you fit the deflectors the object detection sensors cut in, which is why they need resetting.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Need to make this a sticky really, about the deflectors and resetting.

Was literally just about to post about this! Could do with it being a sticky somewhere.

Was wondering where my thread went lol.

Open and close the window but keep the button pressed in for a few seconds when it is fully closed, this should reset the one touch.

When you fit the deflectors the object detection sensors cut in, which is why they need resetting.

Thanks mate, sorted now.

Tried this but didn't work for me :s any ideas? Drivers side one touch works for opening and closing but passenger only works when opening

• 2 weeks later...

Tried this but didn't work for me :s any ideas? Drivers side one touch works for opening and closing but passenger only works when opening

Put the passenger window all the way to the top manually, when it gets to the top let go of the button first and then press and hold the button up for 5-10 seconds. It should then reset and the one touch window will work.

• Like 1

i have an issue similar, the window worked fine before i got it MOT'd, now the passenger window will only go up from the driver side controls but won't actually wind down with it. works fine both ways on the passenger side though!

Put the passenger window all the way to the top manually, when it gets to the top let go of the button first and then press and hold the button up for 5-10 seconds. It should then reset and the one touch window will work.

Not sure what I was doing wrong but all working now :) cheers mate!

Not sure what I was doing wrong but all working now :) cheers mate!

No worries pal, glad it worked for you. Thought it seemed strange, otherwise there could have been a deeper issue!

Same Hong happened to me when I put deflectors in. I'm sure it's in the manual as well:

Put the window all the way down, then all the way back up. Hold the switch up for 2 seconds then let go, then hold up for 2 seconds again and it should reset.

That will definitely work for anyone, even works with other ford models :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

My one touch windows won't work if multiple buttons are pressed? By that I mean if you press either both the switches on drivers side or a button on the drivers and on the passengers side nothing happens. This is the case even if say both the driver and passenger are both trying to lower the passenger window for example and means that I cannot adjust both windows from the drivers side at the same time. To make the window lower both buttons have to be released and then a single one pressed. It seems that sometimes the problem resolves itself randomly but I wondered if anyone else had encountered something similar?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Wish I saw this sooner -.- I thought I may have put the driver side one in a bit dodgy so went to take out and the side snapped 😪 just put it back in though and reset an now it works fine 😊 thanks

my passenger side window still doesnt work, and ive tried everything. ive got wind deflectors but the driver side is fine! so annoying

• Like 1

I'll try this in the morning. The passenger side one touch hasn't worked in my car since I've had it. Will let you know how it goes

• 3 weeks later...

had a problem on the mini window would not open all I did was the bang the door panel with my fist and ha presto it work :)

• Like 1

Lot of people aren't aware that if you disconnect battery on Fords (and other cars such as Jags or Land Rovers) you lose the anti-trap settings from the door modules. Hence the one-shot stops working even though you can still manually raise and lower the glass.

Handbook will have a section on how to reinitialise the windows, possibly in the section relating to jump-starting etc rather than with window info.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

My one touch windows won't work if multiple buttons are pressed? By that I mean if you press either both the switches on drivers side or a button on the drivers and on the passengers side nothing happens. This is the case even if say both the driver and passenger are both trying to lower the passenger window for example and means that I cannot adjust both windows from the drivers side at the same time. To make the window lower both buttons have to be released and then a single one pressed. It seems that sometimes the problem resolves itself randomly but I wondered if anyone else had encountered something similar?

I have this sometimes. Did you sort it?

• Like 1

I have this sometimes. Did you sort it?

No I haven't I'm afraid. Randomly works perfectly from time to time but not normally, very strange.

Oh well, not to worry. I'm gonna disconnect the battery and reset the windows and see.

Since fitting my wind deflectors my passenger window one touch doesn't work anymore and it is slow, resettled it a number of times but no luck so I just give up with it

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• 2 months later...

Still getting this with the front passenger window. Have reset all the windows but still does it the first time the windows are operated but work fine after that until the next ignition cycle.

• 2 weeks later...

after opening the passenger window all the way down, then all the way back up and holding the button for so many seconds, the window controls refuse to work at all for passenger side unless i hold the button for so many seconds again. 09 Zetec, going to disconnect battery and try again tomorrow.

Also does anyone know of an auto closure function so i can close/open windows from keyfob?

Also does anyone know of an auto closure function so i can close/open windows from keyfob?

If your car is equipped with universal opening then you can control the windows by pressing the lock button on the key once, and then again but this time keeping the button depressed. After a few seconds the windows will close. To open them do the same but with the unlock button. As I said though this only works on certain cars.

• Like 1

Mine works. At first it was same but some guy on ffocentioned it. Slowly bit by bit close the window then leave it all night without touching again. it will figure its new parking point . I've never had issues.

Yunii