Do Not Sell My Personal Information

One-Touch Electric Windows Problem

Bluee

On 11/20/2014 at 3:11 AM, NathJ said:

Put the passenger window all the way to the top manually, when it gets to the top let go of the button first and then press and hold the button up for 5-10 seconds. It should then reset and the one touch window will work.

This worked for me

• 5 months later...

On my black edition I had Climair wind deflectors, which were the ones sold on the ford shop. And they never ended up fitting right. They did look good in my opinion but I could hear the top of my windows rubbing against the deflector so they may have been scratching them. Don't think its a mod I'd get again though, I just don't see the worth in them anymore and I'd always be adjusting them to get rid of the sound of the contact between my windows and the deflector. 

Not to mention in really cold weather below freezing, they'd sometimes stop me from opening my windows so wasn't exactly ideal.

Only positive aspect of them was I thought they looked good with the colour of my car as they were tinted black and the car was black.

• 1 month later...

Strange one this  rear window will one shot down fine but when I try to close it ,it just bounces back the first 2 times on the 3rd attempt it closes if I keep my finger on the button. The only way it closes one shot is to push down on the window while closing it. Any ideas?

took the door apart today the cable winding had somehow become cross threaded and causing it to stick open. anyway sorted it, put it back together and no more sticky window

• Like 1

On 11/5/2014 at 2:41 PM, Bluee said:

After I put wind deflectors on it. The passenger side windows doesn't go up with one-touch anymore (goes down fine), I have to hold the button to fully close it. I'm assuming I have to reset it somehow but I don't know how exactly.

Also the speed of how both windows open and close have slowed down quite a bit. The wind deflectors been on for a week now so it should've worn in, right? 😕

Did you use climair deflectors?

Since the orginal post was 5th November 2014, theres a good chance he's replaced the car by now - probably twice !!

1 hour ago, hilljamie17 said:

Did you use climair deflectors?