Do Not Sell My Personal Information

In Love With My 82Ps Courtesy!!!

dmizz93

it's so slow!!! I feel like a slug, don't know how I'm gonna survive the day :'( I'm gonna try my damned hardest to ruin the eco driving stats on it, shouldn't take long :P

On the plus side, Speakers seem better than the ST, silver lining and all.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

post-50226-14152667662_thumb.jpg

I think they're trying to publicly humiliate me with the colour as well! lol

lol I always got a 1.0 100PS from Fraud High Wycombe, and I agree, standard stereo is much better, more bassy and primitive. quite like the colour though, make sure you test the handbrake out on it though, need to make sure it's good for turning.

Mate of mine has one of these, when he put his ecoboost in for warranty work they delivered his car back to him and he had to take it back the next day due to his working hours, somehow his in the early hours of the morning ended up with brand new tyres on it and their car had severely worn ones on it, think the wheels had a refurb over night too. B)

• Like 1

lol I always got a 1.0 100PS from Fraud High Wycombe, and I agree, standard stereo is much better, more bassy and primitive. quite like the colour though, make sure you test the handbrake out on it though, need to make sure it's good for turning.

Mate of mine has one of these, when he put his ecoboost in for warranty work they delivered his car back to him and he had to take it back the next day due to his working hours, somehow his in the early hours of the morning ended up with brand new tyres on it and their car had severely worn ones on it, think the wheels had a refurb over night too. B)

Going down to my local Tesco now to be antisocial and try and slam the car into a marked by via use of the handbrake... Wish me luck ;)

Not quite sure on the colour mind you, my hairs basically the same shade of orange/brown so I'm not best pleased :')

Your mate must have been so lucky to have the wheel fairies visit him overnight and provide those services without a jack or pneumatic tools in sight! Bravo!!!

Interesting to note though, this comes with continentals rather than the bridgestones, don't know whether that's because of the change in profile and rim size but still would be good to have a choice of what tyre you want out the factory!

Am I the only person here who treats courtesy cars with respect, I know it must be a downgrade going from your ST but lets me reasonable, that car will be sold to a customer at some point in the future and having you and whoever else ragged it and treated it like general cr*p is not great, I treat a courtesy car how I would expect someone to have treated a used car before me.

• Like 1

Am I the only person here who treats courtesy cars with respect, I know it must be a downgrade going from your ST but lets me reasonable, that car will be sold to a customer at some point in the future and having you and whoever else ragged it and treated it like general cr*p is not great, I treat a courtesy car how I would expect someone to have treated a used car before me.

Tis all but a bit of banter my friend.. I would even dream of handbrake turning in my own car let alone a courtesy with a £500 point excess.. The price point for the excess is that high for a reason, deters people from doing stupid stuff in it. I've actually been fairly impressed with it so far.. No it's doesn't get up to speeds at quick as other models but perfectly reasonable.

And since it's only got 280miles on it, it's still being run in - got to make full use of the Rev range don't it ;)

Besides I don't think you can rag a car with a 0-60 time that's comparable with my nans mobility scooter

• Like 2

I did not mean to sound rude, just a general point really, I had a base model 82ps as a courtesy car and it still was not a bad car, reminded me of my first mk4 1.25 fiesta, could also be worse have a skoda citigo at the mo as the beetle is in the bodyshop, now that is a bad car, the engine 60 something ps is scary and feels damn dangerous makes the fiesta base look like a mercedes.

Chill brah, don't see why it's different to ragging your own car? It has warrant which will be covered by Fraud, if they didn't make moody motors in the first place he wouldn't have ended up with this car and doing such things, and like all us adults we take and accept full responsibility and accountability of our actions, all part of the fun.

Also reminds me of the old transits, used to destroy their rear axels after a year or so with no warranty covering it, people used to go and hire them and take the hire car back with...." mate you rear axle is f'ed"

By the way did Perrys make you sign anything for the car? I never signed any paperwork for mine on the several occasions I've had warranty work, literally just chucked a key at me lol

If they haven't no excess applies imo

Matt I can see his point with regards to treating it like a cheap hooker; which essentially what this model is ;) but like I said when the progress through the Rev range is so slow and acceleration is minimal I can't really throw it in to corners etc.. The only conceivable way of ragging it is by revving the engine as much as possible whilst stationary :P

I'm just glad it's got electric windows tbf!

It may only be banter but, people on here moan about or worry about the dealers not taking care of their car eg thrashing it on test drives etc, but are quite happy to do that to a dealers car that has been loaned to them.

Saying that though,some of the fastest things I've driven have been hire vans lol.

By the way did Perrys make you sign anything for the car? I never signed any paperwork for mine on the several occasions I've had warranty work, literally just chucked a key at me lol

If they haven't no excess applies imo

Yeah they did, just had a little read now.. Says I can't use the car for racing, illegal activity and I'm prohibited from making any modifications, that's my days plans down the pan then!

Hire vans come with 50% more BHP iirc.

Do unto others etc as I say.

Also for the record, these things are designed to do these things otherwise they wouldn't, if it wasn't designed to be driven at 7KRPM for an hour it wouldn't do it.

Check how factories run engines in, Mitsubishi have all their cars ( saw this on TV ) running at 1 rev of the limiter for a few hours before they leave the factory to make sure they are tip top, cars like being caned as well, my ST was owned by a girl for 6 months who had one of those blackboxes fitted to it, seemed a lot better after I had it for a weeks and stretched it legs more.

• Like 1

It may only be banter but, people on here moan about or worry about the dealers not taking care of their car eg thrashing it on test drives etc, but are quite happy to do that to a dealers car that has been loaned to them.

Saying that though,some of the fastest things I've driven have been hire vans lol.

Yeah true say.. Tbf I'm of the opinion that whether your cars got 30 or 3000 miles on it you can still redline it..! Most engines are pre tested before coming out the factory and warranties provide a safeguard for components that may not meet the required standard.

But HA, know exactly how you feel, I drive merc sprinters for work (restricted to 60 and on telematics) so when I got in an unrestricted model it felt like a lambo Ahah

Yeah true say.. Tbf I'm of the opinion that whether your cars got 30 or 3000 miles on it you can still redline it..! Most engines are pre tested before coming out the factory and warranties provide a safeguard for components that may not meet the required standard.

But HA, know exactly how you feel, I drive merc sprinters for work (restricted to 60 and on telematics) so when I got in an unrestricted model it felt like a lambo Ahah

I'd hate it if my transit had been limited, it's also tracked and they occasionally tell me to slow down.

I didn't really mean thrashing the car, I meant you take your car in and trust them to take care of it, the same way they trusted you with their car.

Oh I get ya, well one of the salesman I have a bit of banter with came out to me this morning and said I didn't deserve to own the Beast cause she was looking dirty.. I politely reminded him that he can only dream of owning it as he only gets a C-Max for the company Car, at which point he told me to F off..

Dave 1 - 0 Salesman :')

Don't trust him not to take it for a spin mind you :P

Lol, don't start about the ST being dirty, mine looks like it's done the RAC rally.

Pic of part of the rear bumper, it's now worse

965a447f2a600c83a6fe32eb84045d31.jpg

You just wanted to show off that mountune Matt didn't you.. I know your game ;)

White is a ridiculous color to try and keep clean, I might get it guarded as I didn't have it done through the dealers.. Worth it you recon?

I was showing off the adjustabe boot floor really, thanks for noticing the matt though.

It wont hurt to have it sealed, it'll stay cleaner longer and be easier to wash.

That pic was a week after I spent all day on cleaning it, 2 layers of auto finesse tough coat sealant and 1 layer of illusion wax.

So looks like I'm getting that brown lump of junk back.. Got the car back yesterday after dropping it in about the locking - now it's come back with some squeeking from the underside of the car, how on earth they managed that I don't know...!

Shirley that's the job of the dealer, to make sure that squeaks and rattles are all working and accounted for :whistling:

So what your saying is "Mate " stole the wheels and tyres of the courtesy car ?

• Like 2

So what your saying is "Mate " stole the wheels and tyres of the courtesy car ?

Oh dear.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club