Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brake Fluid Low Light On Dash Help!!!

nicky931

hello people I have mk.2.5 focus and my brake fluid low light keep going on when I turn the car on . the brake fluid is fine and just had my disc and pads done last mouth can any one help please . ave got it booked in at the garage on Thursday but it might just be a quick fix

Ok, if the fluid level is fine then its probably just the sensor then. Or the handbrake switch.

• 3 weeks later...

bleed the system. I suspect its detecting the air and thinking that the fluid level stops there, or the pressure just confuses it, and given that you have had the recent change, it increases the chance you have an air bubble.

I'd try disconnecting the connector for the level switch and see if the light goes out. If it stays on just try linking across the 2 terminals in case the switch functions as normally closed instead of normally open. If either of these cause the light to go out you've got an issue with the switch or fluid level.

If the light stays on with switch disconnected, and shorted then there's either a problem with the wiring or quite possibly the switch on the handbrake.

Don't think air in the system/reservoir would cause the switch to trigger but worth checking all the same.

thanks for the comments ave been to ford and they say its got some thing to do with the ecu . my m.o.t to day so hope it pass .

will it not looks like am in for a big bill to day :cry: :cry: :cry:

I share your pain, I'm about to fork 80 out for glow plugs :-(

Getting them fitted mate, my backs done for and I need a garage to so the labour ad I also don't have deep sockets for the plugs...

Just to let you all no the car past its m.o.t with the fault on the car :-D

Very suprised it passed with a brake warning light. As other light such as eml, airbags etc are failures where as battery light isn't.

However, one thing out the way for another year

• Like 1

the m.o.t bloke said the nothing wrong with the car he check it from top to bottom . he says just ignore it lol happy days :D :D

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club