Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Tdci Rev Problems (Not Sure If Its Been Covered)

tmzy

hi i have a 2002 focus 1.8 tdci 115ps. my revs go up abit everytime i let go of the throttle and sometimes it revs to 1200 rpm when its ment to go to idle my usual idle is about 900 rpm. i do have a diagnostic tester but i didnt have any error codes. my MAF sensor read quite high so i disconected it to see if the car behaved normally but unfortunatly it didnt. i put my diagnostics on it again after with the MAF sensor still off and i got another error besides the MAF sensor error is it wasnt plugged in which is pedal demand sensor b circuit: range/performance. so i reconected the MAF sensor and cleared the error codes as i thought that error came up because the MAF sensor was disconected. but when i tried to read for error faults to see if that pedal demand came up again. my software decided to give up. had service about a 2 months ago. anyone got any ideas what it might be as i cannot rely on my diagnostic software right now.

thanks in advance

tom

(update) i got my diagnostic tester working again and i reconnected the maf sensor and i only have the pedal demand sensor b circuit: range/ performance. would that mess with the revs like its doing and if it is can i buy just the sensor or do i have to buy the pedal with it?

• 2 weeks later...

yeah as its fly by wire, if the sensor is misbehaving it will send duff signals to the ECU and GEM.

yeah as its fly by wire, if the sensor is misbehaving it will send duff signals to the ECU and GEM.

thanks for reply. only just got my internet back so sorry i didnt reply sooner. will try and get new sensor in a few days if i have money. will let you know if its cured it too

Don't replace it just yet spray it and the throttle body etc with electronic contact cleaner first

Don't replace it just yet spray it and the throttle body etc with electronic contact cleaner first

ok will try that tomorrow if i can head to shop to buy some. will let you know the outcome

• Like 1

right i have tried with electronic contact cleaner but with no luck. a mechanic friend had a look in his works for the code and as strange as it might be. it also could be my glow plugs. he tested the plugs and it not glowing so will get them changed and let you know if it cured it. if not i will consentrate on my pedal again.

• Like 1

right sorry it took so long to reply. as we coming nearer to christmas i get less and less money but i bought now glow plugs and it seems to have improved quite a lot. cant test it right now as my car is off the road till i a put a new mot on it. will monitor my error codes to see if that pedal demand one comes back but for now its ok

Also check to see if the turbo actuator link rod from turbo from solenoid pack isn't stiff/ cocked ready to come off as mine fell off due to circlip being worn away.deffo worth a good spray if wd40 and lightly cover with copper slip.

BOA power rwd focus.