Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Online Purchases And Protection With These?

Ianb

Hi guys,

After a bit of advice from those in the know. Bought a commercial refrigerator in the past month or so online from 'Fridgeland'. It is stainless steel, yet has started to develop (well actually it started almost a week after we had it) small rust marks on the doors and part of the internal frame.

We initially phoned to complain about this an see what they are going to do, we were met with the usual spiel: "so-and-so is not in at the moment, we'll get him to call you back" etc... anyway, that happened once or twice until one time when they said "he is on the phone" to which I replied "I'll wait".. Anyway, got through to so-and-so who eventually did call me back stating that they would like photos. We sent photos, they asked what products, we replied 'warm soapy water' - what we use on all our stainless steel surfaces/appliances. (not 100% true but no rust on those!!!). We were told that they would send and engineer to 'view the product'... anyway, said engineer never turned up (surprise surprise).

My last phone call to them, I said, "unfortunately this is getting close to the stage where I will be asking you to refund us, as the responses are not satisfactory"... long and short of it is, this was on Thursday, now Monday is 'over' it's Tuesday and no answer.

I've been reading online and believe that they have been in breach of my statutory rights (product is poor quality and not fit for a commercial kitchen etc) according to 'The sale of goods act 1979'... I've come up with a good rant I'll be launching down the phone. Tomorrow I'll phone for a quick bit of free legal advice, but before bed I'd just like to check whether the SOGA applies to online sales.. I don't fancy ranting and feeling on inflated and having some prat deflate me when he tells me that it doesn't apply or something... :lol:

Pretty sure it does apply Ian. Also did you pay by credit card? If so give them a call as they will probably refund you anyway and be a lot more accommodating. Also don't forget to report the company to trading standards so they can investigate their shoddy practices.

I would of thought you have protection online or not under the sale of good act.

If you paid by credit card even better, contact them they may be able to help getting the refund.

Unfortunately not, it was made with the good ol' debit. I'm not too concerned about it in some respects, we do have a solicitor who could probably get tescos to offer an apology/refund/compensation about defective products if I bought a bag of ice and it melted in the hot car for 2 hours before I get home... So we've got some big guns we can pull out, I'd just rather sort this out without kicking up a storm.

Sent via carrier pigeon using Ford OC

I'm surprised tescos are holding fire and treating you like that. Hope you sort it out.

I'm surprised tescos are holding fire and treating you like that. Hope you sort it out.

Lol, no, tescos are fine, I just meant our solicitor could get a good answer out of a ridiculous situation (like me buying a bag of ice from tescos and complaining it melt before I got home) :lol:

Sent via carrier pigeon using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club