Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Today... A Rumble.... Really!!

tivyguy01

Today i have noticed a rumble from the rear while driving.

mine is the mk2 foci 2005.

Im guessing maybe a wheel bearing. Found on eurocar parts and expensive..

Not had any tyres changed but not heard it before..

Any ideas please people..

Thanks

Wheel bearing is usually a constant whine varying in pitch depending on speed not to say it's not the bearing where you driving on a road you don't usually I know when I go through Stoke on Trent there a section of road there that makes it sound as if the bearings have gone but it's just tyre noise .possible if you have two different tread patterns might sound as if it's coming from only one wheel

Have you jacked the car up at the rear and spun the wheel by hand to see if you can hear any unusual noise

If it does need replacing I suggest you soak the bolts in plus gas as they can be a pain to release that's assuming it's the same set up as the mk1 where you replace the hub.

Iv driven down that road many times. It appears to get louder as i got faster.

Havint had time to jack it up and spin wheels.

its had same tyres since july but never heard the noise. Today the humming noise was very loud..

Can i replace just one bearing or do i need to change both.. if it is bearing.

Thanks

Sounds like the bearing yes you can just replace the one almost certain you will need a torx fitting for the original bolts not sure what size but they can be a real pain to release .

Wheel bearing is usually a constant whine varying in pitch depending on speed not to say it's not the bearing where you driving on a road you don't usually I know when I go through Stoke on Trent there a section of road there that makes it sound as if the bearings have gone but it's just tyre noise .possible if you have two different tread patterns might sound as if it's coming from only one wheel

Have you jacked the car up at the rear and spun the wheel by hand to see if you can hear any unusual noise

If it does need replacing I suggest you soak the bolts in plus gas as they can be a pain to release that's assuming it's the same set up as the mk1 where you replace the hub.

On the mk1 you can replace the bearing without replacing the hub.

On the mk2 however the bearing is part of the hub so must be replaced as a single unit

Not sure what size the torx is but on the mondeo it's a T50 or E12 depending upon type of bolts.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club