Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Upgrading 2010 Sony Head Unit To Dab

antman99

Hi,

I know this has been discussed many times but because the word DAB is short no search seems to turn up what I want to know.

I have a 2010 Sony HU in my titanium, it was one of the first of the line on the MY that included the Sony stereo, if I want to upgrade the unit to DAB what is involved, I know that there are 3 separate components, the buttons, the main unit and the screen, I have the dot matrix but white/ blue display, is it possible to upgrade that at the same time to the colour version or is that only for Sync?

Thanks all,

Anthony

Pretty sure you can't on yours as you will likely have the old pre-dab wiring rather than the new standard 24 pin audio connector.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Why would you want DAB? It's as obsolete as the minidisk. Virtually never "caught on" and pointless.

The DAB is actually awesome, superior sound quality over Analogue and oh wait.....eventually it'll be all you can listen to, much like TV being switched off and Freeview only. Plus I find it has a much longer range than FM, plus there are actually more stations on it, I cannot get Kerrang on FM but can on DAB, saves suffering all the other bellends on the radio in the morning, like Dave Berry and Ricky, Melvin and Charley, all need to suffer some kind of incineration imo.

Thanks StumpyBloke, I thought that may be the case, shame.

winemart, I have DAB in the Beetle and really like it, fine the signal is a bit poor at times but I prefer the selection.

Matt, I think you are right analogue will be switched off and fine not immediate future but 10 years ago people would have said the same about tv that freeview had poor coverage and lack of content then it got better, fine DAB+ will superseed it but still the principal is right.

Indeed, it's all in motion now and DAB will be all that is left, although 4G networks at present are buggering it up but there will be a work around soon I'd imagine, works fine for me with no issues and I travel anywhere between west London to Buuuurmingham and the south coast, brilliant, can actually use one station for all of it. and I redirects to a new signal for the same station automatically.

Why would you want DAB? It's as obsolete as the minidisk. Virtually never "caught on" and pointless.

Couldn't agree LESS! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club