Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aftermarket Wing Mirrors

tedis

Hi guys just wondering. Would i be able to make 08 plate wing mirrors heated and with indicators work on 06 plate which originally are non heated mirrors withput too much work done. Thanks

You would need a wiring diagram to check the wiring exists, if it does its possible but not easy.

• Like 1

Hi jeebowhite i was expecting u to get back to me lol right, as i have titanium model was checking fuses rest of stuff it seams that its ready to fit like xenons, heated seats etc

If the wiring is there it should be possible but I would get a wiring diagram and check the physical wires are there on either the gem or behind the door cards. Otherwise you will have to do wiring ad well. Given its a titanium it should have heated mirrors anyway as they come in with the heated screens

• Like 1

Another question. I want to fit an st intercooler to a 1.8tdci engine. I hope its easier to fit it. As i checked other forums and it seems that fittings are exact

Hi mate easiest way to test you have heated is to throw water on the mirrors, then start the car and put heated screens on, if they start to dry then it's heated. As for the pipes, they are to my knowledge the same, just part numbers are a different end letter but mounts etc are all the same as far as I know

So mirrors anly working then i turn the screen heater on? I thought there is some other button lol

Yeah, as long as front heated windscreen is on, then heated mirrors and heated jets come on.

Thats great thnx. Oh ive just created another thread but maybe u will know. Is it possible to put turbo of 2.2 or 2.0 tdci onto 1.8tdci engine avoiding major modifications?

Depends how you define major, the main thing is the location and size differs

So that means fittings will be different. I know for fact that i will beed to change turbo with its own inlet manifold

Quite likely that some fittings would differ or St least I would think so

• Like 1

So u reckon st turbo would be better off than from a diesel?

Fitting different engine parts is not my forte, so I would say Che I the turbo physically and the engine bay will accommodate it and try get a money back guarantee incase it doesn't work out

The ST turbo's, both mk2 and mk3 have the manifold integral to the exhaust housing of the turbo so i'd expect it'd take some creative fabrication to mate one up to another engine unless the 4-cylinder ecoboost version has exactly same port spacing and stud pattern as your car.

Not impossible to do, just adds cost to the job - and depends if there's a benefit to using these on the tdci engines.

Google might give you more detailed info.

• Like 1

Thank you for answers. Google is useless at this point lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club