Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Courtesy "service" Is A Joke!

Mental_Atom

Just had my car in my local dealer for its 1500 mile "inspection service" thing.

I gave them the car, 10 minutes later they hand it back to me telling everything is fine. What can they possibly have checked in 10 mins?

"Oh yes, the engine is still there!".

It was free but even so...

• Like 1

Mine took half hour because I said there were a couple of issues I wanted checked out... They did say only usually take 15mins!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Mine took half hour because I said there were a couple of issues I wanted checked out... They did say only usually take 15mins!

Oh okay, any idea what they actually do? It seems that anything you can check that quickly probably aren't the sort of things that might have worn down/come loose etc. which kinda defeats the point

-10 points for the double post there...

But I'm not actually sure, almost certain it's just a visual check, they might even turn te engine on if they've got time :')

But I'm not actually sure, almost certain it's just a visual check, they might even turn te engine on if they've got time :')

Haha sorry, the app told me "could not connect to forum" so I pressed post again, and then it did it twice! :(

I saw them use the hazards, I also heard the horn. Didnt hear much else though!

:O I see you did it too! The app is misbehaving...

Yeah.. Clearly did that deliberately to make you feel better about your incompetence ;)

Think I just had rubbish signal tbf!

They do check over a few things but just to make sure everything is as it should be.

• Like 1

They put it on the ramp and get the apprentice tech to shine a led torch and look for anything hanging off. I watched mine being done and that's about it. Didn't even lift the bonnet.

They put it on the ramp and get the apprentice tech to shine a led torch and look for anything hanging off. I watched mine being done and that's about it. Didn't even lift the bonnet.

As Clarky said just a visual check and a chance to raise any issues

Put it on the ramp and check the undercarriage, wheels ect, maybe not even that. That's what they did at merc

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Hi guys,

I've bought my Fiesta from ArnoldClark just 6 months ago with 2 years Clark Plan (Servicing and MOT) but lately I'm having a weird feeling from the steering wheel, like the car doesn't go straight when I start to speed a bit or when I break a lot the the car starts to turn on the left or right but doesn't stay straight at all. Should I book a service with them also if it's been just 6 months from when I have it or should I go for a different check?

Thanks

Hi guys,

I've bought my Fiesta from ArnoldClark just 6 months ago with 2 years Clark Plan (Servicing and MOT) but lately I'm having a weird feeling from the steering wheel, like the car doesn't go straight when I start to speed a bit or when I break a lot the the car starts to turn on the left or right but doesn't stay straight at all. Should I book a service with them also if it's been just 6 months from when I have it or should I go for a different check?

Thanks

Sounds like it definitely needs checking out! If the car is new anything broken should be a warranty job anyways :)

I wouldn't book the service though, just get then to take a look as it's quite a specific problem.

My old Zetec 1.0T wobbled when braking, was warped brake discs, happened when it was within 6 months old with 6K on the clock, Ford were not interested in replacing the discs

My old Zetec 1.0T wobbled when braking, was warped brake discs, happened when it was within 6 months old with 6K on the clock, Ford were not interested in replacing the discs

Discs aren't a warranty item because they can blame it on you. Don't see how driving a certain way could warp them though?

Discs aren't a warranty item because they can blame it on you. Don't see how driving a certain way could warp them though?

I would think they would have to prove it's your fault and not a manufacturing fault wouldn't they? I think we need our resident legal expert's opinion :)

Hi guys,

Thanks

Check your tyre pressures and condition.

Thanks for the replies guys,

the car wasn't new when I bought it, it was a 3 years old car with 25000 miles ish. Drove nice and smooth until few days ago that's why I wasn't sure if just go back to them to check that or if book a service. In the last MOT advise there's: front pads wearing thin and nearside and offside front brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened. Can be this the cause of it then?

Thanks everyone

PS

Tyre pressure and condition checked and they're fine.

Thanks for the replies guys,

the car wasn't new when I bought it, it was a 3 years old car with 25000 miles ish. Drove nice and smooth until few days ago that's why I wasn't sure if just go back to them to check that or if book a service. In the last MOT advise there's: front pads wearing thin and nearside and offside front brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened. Can be this the cause of it then?

Thanks everyone

PS

Tyre pressure and condition checked and they're fine.

Pulling to one side could easily be the brakes, as could the other things you described (basically brake stops one wheel but not the other, so it pulls).

Understand that for when I break... but why does the car feel weird also when I'm driving? I was thinking maybe something to do with wheel alignment...

Sounds like wheel alignment to me also check wear on the tyres bud

Understand that for when I break... but why does the car feel weird also when I'm driving? I was thinking maybe something to do with wheel alignment...

Yeah, also it's possible the discs could be vibrating (I think that can happen when they get thin). Additionally uneven breaking would cause one wheel to wear much faster which could also cause this.

Okay so now I know for sure what to ask them. What do you think though, should I book a service or just go in one of them garages and ask only to check brakes and wheel alignment?

Thanks

Just go in and ask would be cheaper we have garages that don't charge for a look so just look around

• Like 1

I had a similar problem once, The car started to pull to one side and felt funny when braking. Pulled over and had a look, one of the pads had separated from its backing plate, and was on the ground. Fell out of the caliper as I stopped. Must have been rubbing on the disk as it parted company. Fortunately, I was near a Halfords which were able to get me a set fairly quickly so ended up changing pads at the roadside.

Suzuki changed my Jimny brake discs under warranty,after they warped.Car had done 28000 mile and was 2 1/2year old.I would expect Ford to do the same,i did have to pay for new brake pads though.