Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wiring For Tow Bar Of Ford Fiesta 2005. Bullet Connectors

philp1863

Hi everyone

I managed to get hold of a second hand tow bar off eBay. I have fitted it to my wife's 2005 fiesta and am now building myself up to do the electrics. When I bought the tow bar I was also given a TEM1A Audible Monitor unit, which I also intend to use.

About 10 years ago I added a tow bar to my focus which is still going strong today. I used the snap-on connectors for the electrics. I have got some blue snap on connectors, but from reading some of the forums I figured that perhaps I should use some bullet connectors this time (with a crimping tool). But to be honest I am really not sure which color to use blue or red. The wires look quite thin. When fitting the electrics of a tow bar using bullet connectors....which color is normally used by the professionals to do the connections? I appreciate that the snap on connectors come in blues and red as well. With the focus I seem to remember using blue snapons.

Also I have not got any wiring diagrams, but I think, hopefully it is fairly straight forward? Most of the connections are simply splicing into the cables feeding the lights at the back of the car. Could I just confirm a few things

1. If I use bullet connectors I hope to put two cables into one side of the bullet connector with the third cable coming from the other side?..i.e. I dont really want to use double bullet connectors. Any reason why I should not do this?

2. Is it important that I connect both sides of the lights up i.e. right side and left side to the right side and left looms at the back of the car.....or could I simply drive them both off of the same one?

I have not looked at the looms at the back of the fiesta yet, and may well find that its easier to join them separately anyway. but thought I would ask just in case.

Any thoughts welcome

Thanks

Speaking from a professional point of view, I wouldn't use the snap on type (scotch lock) connectors or bullet connectors.

Red of blue will depend on what size the cores are but bare in mind that putting 2 cores into one may mean you need to use the next size up.

I would prefer to solder the towbar wiring on.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club