Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FAO Micheal P

MichellefromEssex

Well I just won her a nice little Rover Kensington SE 1.1 for £256 on eBay hee hee, I know when to bid (the last 45 seconds) waiting for the guy to call now about collection as we are going to meet each other half way as he is about 3 hours drive. Going to insure it in my name (£33 a month) as its going to be stuck outside the house for a while until she has had a good few more lessons, then it will be just me and her going around the industrial estates etc late evening. Then when she passes (which could take a while yet) we will review the situation again then.

Awwww what a nice mum. Have you ordered the valium aswell? :lol:

Don't forget the tartan blanket for the back seats

i would love to drive a rover 100 around the place acting like an old man, 5th gear, tweed jacket and 15 mph anyone?

i would love to drive a rover 100 around the place acting like an old man, 5th gear, tweed jacket and 15 mph anyone?

Dont forget your "flat hat..........."

quinn direct is a big no no

my friend, same age, has a saxo

when he was learning, he was paying £800 for the year

when he passed they asked for £3800

thats three thousand, eight hundred pounds

for a saxo!

A Saxo! My apologies... ;)

A Saxo! My apologies... ;)

its not mine so its all good!!! i quite like them, quite a lot of space surprisingly, but my fiesta has bags more room

its not mine so its all good!!! i quite like them, quite a lot of space surprisingly, but my fiesta has bags more room

Don't get me wrong, I like the Saxo and they helped introduce lots of teenagers to the world of physics via trees and lamp posts. There are many VTR shaped holes in hedge rows near where I live.

Cheapest cars to insure were a fiat cinquecento or secentio (sp) a 1.0 Corsa but they were a bit more expensive, she has actually brought the car herself out of her birthday money, I am paying for the tax and insurance, if she looks after it she can pass it down to daughter no 2 who will be learning before I know it lol.

I feel so old tonight, I remember my first car and going out with my dad beside me. The funny thing is the car we brought tonight is identical to the one I had 9 years ago when I was a single mum, my parents lent me £1,200 for it so that I could still get to and from work after my divorce, I sold it 7 years ago when I met Max and we brought a BMW sports coupe lol.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Saxo and they helped introduce lots of teenagers to the world of physics via trees and lamp posts. There are many VTR shaped holes in hedge rows near where I live.

the VTR;s should be banned for anyone under the age of 26

Been driving as a named driver on my mums car since i was 17, now 19 and got my own,

i am with Admiral and got a 10 month bonus accelerator package with 10 months insurance costing me £1300.

This is with no accidents or points. That is me as main driver and mum added.

Its a joke:(

I have been quoted for £1300 for my zetec-s, this is with directline and no claims.

I have had a license 4 years but wrote my car off in March (fell asleep on the m5 and my car tried to make out with central reservation).

strange thing is my 1300 quote is the same price i had for my old 1.2 fiesta mk6 and now i have a crash which was my fault on it!! insurance groups are crazy!!!!

I would advise directline as they did everything for me back in March and gave me 4600 for my car which i was selling 3weeks later for £3000 so I'm well pleased with them!!! they get a big thumbs up!!

Michael, I know you have your little Fez and was wondering what sort of insurance premium you were paying as a learner and how much you are now going to have to pay now you have passed. My daughter looking at cars and we were quoted around £500 for third party with me as a named driver, however when she passes it doubles, if I register the car and have her as a named driver it goes back down again but still around £700, who are you insured with and is it in your name?

thanks hun x

If it helps I had a new 05 Fiesta on my own policy as a learner from 17, and we insured it as a home fleet insurance with Tradex and it worked out at £750 fully comp and you get to earn your no claims bonus. The company I am with now is Elephant who are quite good as well.

Cheapest cars to insure were a fiat cinquecento or secentio (sp) a 1.0 Corsa but they were a bit more expensive, she has actually brought the car herself out of her birthday money, I am paying for the tax and insurance, if she looks after it she can pass it down to daughter no 2 who will be learning before I know it lol.

I feel so old tonight, I remember my first car and going out with my dad beside me. The funny thing is the car we brought tonight is identical to the one I had 9 years ago when I was a single mum, my parents lent me £1,200 for it so that I could still get to and from work after my divorce, I sold it 7 years ago when I met Max and we brought a BMW sports coupe lol.

i bet going from a rover 100 to a bmw coupe was interesting!!

if i were to marry max would he buy me a bmw coupe?? :lol:

Did anyone see the Top Gear '17 year old insurance challenge' feature recently? I'd be mortified if i ended up with the cars they got.

Did anyone see the Top Gear '17 year old insurance challenge' feature recently? I'd be mortified if i ended up with the cars they got.

Yeah, I saw that. And they were so out of touch with that. I think they did it more to just stereotype young drivers.

No 17 year old would want a Hyundai.

All VW's with whatever size engine are too expensive to insure.

And do I need to say anything about the Volvo? :lol:

Was a brilliant episode :lol: But agree, which young person would be got in one of thoose with the looks/insurance :lol: