Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Loss Of Power

Nezzytddi

Hi I have recently changed the turbo on my mondeo tddi amd now have no power it os struggling on hills in 3rd where as befroe the old turbo went it would do it with ease. Any help on this would ne grateful. Its a 2002 reg.

Ensure all the pipes are connected correctly and no loss of pressure in the pipes, the pipe from the intercooler to the egr valve on mine had a very small split in it and it caused the turbo to stop working. Pretty common problem.

Ensure the turbo you have fitted is in good condition if you bought it used. Also ensure you have the correct turbo as I changed a transit engine recently and it was as slow as a funeral after so I removed the old 90bhp turbo and fitted the 125 turbo and huge difference. Also changed the pump and injectors but the turbo was the main difference.

Good luck

Remove/disconnect the engine ECU and leave it off for about 15 minute and then connect it back up, this should reset the limp mode.

I had this with an Astra on replacement of the turbo (though faulty ECU at the time) and this worked a treat.

Thanks for the replies I will try both. How and where do I start to disconnect the ECU?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club