Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Life Changing News

jeebowhite

Told you couldn't have kids...end up with three waens and one big kid...

Sent via carrier pigeon using Ford OC

Both of Leo's parents tell me the same thing every time I see them!

• Like 3

Telltale

We call saoirse our 7yr old rat , now I know where she gets it from!

quote name="Lenny" post="434521" timestamp="1417818278"]Vicki.... Vicki.... Ians laughing at me...

Sit on him!

• Like 2

Popped onto the forum after a while thinking this will cheer me up, thanks alot James now I am depressed lol just kidding and sorry to hear the bad news

Kurt, you should feel better, it's my misery not yours lol and it gives you the benefit if your health is ok that you have reassurance it could be much worse lol and, you get the pleasure of imagining this, i have had so many holes in me if I went swimming I would just sink lol

My auntie had ms, sadly 5 or 6 years ago after a long battle as far back as I can remember she passed away.

It's not all gloomy though she had a son and grandchildren who she got to see grow up a little before she passed.

I wish you all the luck buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Thanks Matt, I'm actually St the point I really REALLY hope I have got Ms, from what I gather it's not going to kill me, just makes life more difficult the older I get, but, it would explain everything I have suffered. I could live still and get on with life but I need to make a few alterations to my life and I could probably get on ok.

• Like 2

Also if it is MS and it just gets worse slowly, there's some hope that treatment will improve over the years, and they might even find a cure. I assume that's possible anyway.

Very true, now I'm just eagerly awaiting them stealing my brain Juice...

Crikey, it's amazing what some people have been through, especially when you sort of feel like you know them a bit after communicating via a screen and several miles of cable lol.

You seem to have the right attitude/outlook though James, I couldn't have dealt with what you've been through, and will continue to go through. My Nans cousins husband has MS and Nans cousin ran a group/club for MS sufferers where my Nan helped out. In school holidays I'd often end up helping out as well and while there were some there that were very bad (couldn't do anything for themselves), there were others that you wouldn't have even guessed had it really, not sure what determines the severity, and I guess it's just down to 'luck' how well or not you end up with it. I do hope it's not too bad for you though! I've also seen family members through other big health problems such as cancer etc and it surprises me what some people can get through, unfortunately they don't always make it of course.

In comparison, my own 'quirks' are a bit pathetic really, but they have and do completely control my life. The doctors were no help whatsoever, after taking years to get the courage to go and see the GP the options given weren't effective and some not even possible due to the nature of the problems, I eventually saw another 2 GPs and a counsellor with the same lack of effectiveness. I have severe anxiety with many massive phobias (including a medical/illness phobia), along with OCD (real life controlling OCD, not this crap about lining about pens on a desk lol) and IBS. Now just reading it, it sounds fairly mundane but the fact is everything 'most' people take for granted in daily life is extremely difficult for me, eating, drinking, using the loo, getting up, sleeping are all controlled by this glitch in my brain and even at home I really struggle. Because of that, I'm 'mildly' agoraphobic, haven't been more than an hour from home since 2009 which has got closer and closer to home until I was almost housebound earlier this year after a series of bad events (one step forward 3 back kinda thing). Buying the Focus was to try and get me out a bit more and it has helped a bit having a more reliable, comfortable and cheaper to run car tbf....however one of my major fears about distance driving is that I'll get stuck on a road in traffic after a crash or something and have a panic triggered IBS episode...yeah, that's happened 3 times in the last 2 months since buying the Focus!! Of course a sense of humour is best as has already been said, I mean I chose the X pack to have wipe clean leather seats haha! But obviously it's not ideal to have those situations at all let alone that often, and people (therapists/doctors) say facing it makes things better, they're wrong, it makes going out the next time 10 times harder, and in fact there are now some roads I just can't go on at all. I still feel I'm fighting a losing battle with this, plus all the problems living at home which in turn have caused other minor health problems. You've probably worked out I can't/don't work by now, and aren't seen as 'unfit' (physically I can work, it's life I struggle with!) so can't claim benefit either, so just working through money I'd saved up from when I was working a few years ago, which is running out now tbf. Right now I'm just stuck in an impossible situation, that I don't know how to get out of and cant see the end to, which I'll admit has brought on depression as well. All I can say is I'd be lost without car forums lol, only place I can get away from everything!!

I wish you all the best with this though, James. :)

Thanks Tom, at the end of the day I personally see no condition as mundane, a name might sound it, but sadly there is one thing in most of us (I say most as young corsa men are excluded from this particularly) but we have a brain which is complex and can take something small and see it ad a huge obstacle. Saying I don't like something is mundane compared to someone who is petrified of it. Ocd and ibs are very real issues so I can't blame you.

I wish you strength in getting through your agro phobia and hope you can find a more satisfying normality soon. But the one thing that grabbed me more than anything in your post was when you said it took you so long to gather the courage to get to the GP and your right, that is the hardest part and it's worse when your GP brushes it off like nothing more than a headache. But persistence is key.

• Like 2

Officially Worst day of my life to date,

me 3 week old boy is in Quarantine in hospital with Bronchitis,

He's in an oversized cott like Chernobyl hospital would have connected up to oxygen, drip and antibiotic,

being pipe fed like a prisoner in Guantanamo

Vicki's with em having to sleep on a gym mat style mattress on the floor next to his cott.

Ive had to come home with my two daughters.

If anyone on here is a regular at church tomorrow and ya usually lite candles; regardless of religion id appreciate if ya could lite on for my Son Tadhg (Thaigh) Woods.

Don't want to talk about it any further please but if you are a regular at church of any description id really appreciate the lite candle.

• Like 2

Lenny, I will be the thinking of you and whilst prayers are not usually my thing I am certainly saying a few at the moment. You have my number if you want to text (though I have changed phone and lost yours) but I will be thinking of you all and making a prayer or two for you all. I hope you all get good news soon.

• Like 2

Lenny this is sad news but stay strong and maintain your positive energy for your daughters and your wife

• Like 2

Lenny this is sad news but stay strong and maintain your positive energy for your daughters and your wife

+1..........Keep strong.

I have been through a few things in the last 10 years upto now,not myself but sister-in-law,mom and now dad.

Also only found out a few months ago my cousin has ms,he only thought something was wrong when he had a funny

feeling in his one eye,he said you can see but not on the side,been through all scans/teasts etc and started treatment.

He feels ok and goes about his normal life but can't drive and can't do his job as its looking at computer a lot.

I'm a full time carer and have been for over 10 years,looked after mom and now dad at a age of 86.

I did a massive life changing thing to be full time carer for mom,she went through a lot going back 5 years and would

never change it,just giving that bit makes you feel good inside but i have always been that way to people.

I had to add this post but reading these on here makes you think what goes on and your not the only one.

I do read a lot on here as don't get out a lot on my own because of my dad only to get shopping which is local.

.........To all on here all the best and keep going............

• Like 4

+1..........Keep strong.

I have been through a few things in the last 10 years upto now,not myself but sister-in-law,mom and now dad.

Also only found out a few months ago my cousin has ms,he only thought something was wrong when he had a funny

feeling in his one eye,he said you can see but not on the side,been through all scans/teasts etc and started treatment.

He feels ok and goes about his normal life but can't drive and can't do his job as its looking at computer a lot.

I'm a full time carer and have been for over 10 years,looked after mom and now dad at a age of 86.

I did a massive life changing thing to be full time carer for mom,she went through a lot going back 5 years and would

never change it,just giving that bit makes you feel good inside but i have always been that way to people.

I had to add this post but reading these on here makes you think what goes on and your not the only one.

I do read a lot on here as don't get out a lot on my own because of my dad only to get shopping which is local.

.........To all on here all the best and keep going............

Thanks Jason mate,

Top respect to you caring for family its a full time job mate i would really struggle

I've not got MS personality my condition is degenerate disc in my lower back,

Jeebo is encountering MS i think,

And my news yesterday was with my 3 week old son is in hospital with bronchitis.

Its all going on everywhere mate seems any good day is a warning of somthing bad is coming.

• Like 2

Thanks lenny and keep going and thinking the way forward.

A lot have said they could'nt be a carer as i never thought i could or would but it was just there.

Its the hardest job i have ever done as its non-stop as

well as looking after the house and stuff,i get off and on sleep as i have to keep a check on stuff.

When i get him up he has his little walk in the house and try to get in the car in the summer.

i just turn pc on sometimes,this is why there are some early post like 4 or 5 in the morning.

We all have stuff going on but when it comes to kids well it makes you think ''WHY'' these things happen.

You are spot on when you say when it looks good you think whats around the corner,i think the same thing.

All i can say is think on the plus side of stuff,not easy in any way,when good days come just grab them

with both hands and enjoy them to the full as they seem to be harder to find.

All the best.

• Like 1

Another positive that comes out of this thread... Goes to show were all human! When you first sign up you see names and pictures and that's it, then we have threads like the career thread and you learn a bit more. I feel like I know a lot of guys from here quite well and personally would consider more than just fellow members but friends. Whether it's reciprocated or not is anyone's guess lol. Anyway, things like this thread show you that people here aren't just names and pictures, but we all have more of a dimension to us than the car we drive and it's nice to learn more of us.

• Like 3

Another positive that comes out of this thread... Goes to show were all human! When you first sign up you see names and pictures and that's it, then we have threads like the career thread and you learn a bit more. I feel like I know a lot of guys from here quite well and personally would consider more than just fellow members but friends. Whether it's reciprocated or not is anyone's guess lol. Anyway, things like this thread show you that people here aren't just names and pictures, but we all have more of a dimension to us than the car we drive and it's nice to learn more of us.

I was thinking the same thing m8, you just see the car/picture and a name then you read a few things and it makes you

think you know the person for years,were all the same at the end of the day.

Most people join places like this for there cars and problems they get but threads like this is another thing and these posts

on here makes you think your not the only one.

Great thread in so many ways.

• Like 2

Well it had a single intention and it seems to have obtained a lot more, credit to ever to who opens up and shares their real life.

For some, they have lives years with a condition, others like me have done that too but find a new one is waiting around the corner. I like to share my experiences, I don't want pity or sympathy or any of that cack, I want people to know they aren't alone an to be brave in their strife. I've lived my life so far giving help when it's needed and I never really asked for any until my health went south, even then I'm reluctant to ask unless I need it. But, as things stand, I'm learning and I want to help others learn. It doesn't cost man points, asking for help actually boosts them. It takes a brave guy (or gal) to drop face, say I'm struggling, and confront their problems. Standing up in a fight of any nature is tougher and more deserving of anything. Anyone can dig a hole and drop their issues in.

• Like 2

Anyone can dig a hole and drop their issues in.

....pretty much what most IBS sufferers do when caught short in the countryside... :lol:

Sent via carrier pigeon using Ford OC

• Like 4

It doesn't cost man points, asking for help actually boosts them. It takes a brave guy (or gal) to drop face, say I'm struggling, and confront their problems.

Well said. I think a lot of people (including myself) are reluctant to talk to anyone about their problems. But it definitely helps to get other opinions on things like this because often we will think a problem is worse than it really is until talking to someone about it.

• Like 1

Bit of an Update on Reality HD,

He's in quarantine has ammonia in his left lung,

Doctors have him on antibiotics and feeding via pipe through nose and vicki's sticking with him 24/7

I've offered to swap places as whoever stays cant leave until the end,

To avoid any risk of contamination to Tadhg.

Amazing how quickly shizzle gets real

Still keeping fingers crossed mate both of you take it easy. Hopefully the ammonia will clear in a week.

• Like 1

Still keeping fingers crossed mate both of you take it easy. Hopefully the ammonia will clear in a week.

Thanks Jeeb,

They said tomorrow will be the worst day of it as he began to show symptoms last Thursday,

Day 5 is said to be the worst in terms of mucas,

Took him to one doctor last Thursday and he said "its normal mucas after birth, chest is clear"

Then yesterday took him to my own personal doctor he said "get him down to hospital and prepare to be kept in guys"

He could have been helped since Thursday instead of if being left to Saturday due to mis-diagnoses,

Had he not been seen yesterday then without any treatment day 5 would have wiped him out.

Top respect to my own personal GP Dr.harrington gotta see him tomorrow myself for a cert.

Lucky its only one lung and hopefully won't spread,

Antibiotics should fight it now and hes on oxygen too.

Make a complaint regardless of your anger or otherwise, they need to be aware of muck ups like this to learn from it

Go and see the PALS team at the hospital, and let them know what's happened.

They will know where to start with following up with anything like this and will be able to hopefully change the doctors practice if necessary to prevent it happening again.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 3

Go and see the PALS team at the hospital, and let them know what's happened.

They will know where to start with following up with anything like this and will be able to hopefully change the doctors practice if necessary to prevent it happening again.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Ford OC mobile app

Thanks mate,

Ill say it to vicki tomorrow,

Babies are tougher than we give them credit for!

My oldest and dearest friend had a little boy backin February. He suddenly stopped breathing - luckily his Mum was there and had the presence of mind to administer CPR. Turns out he had a hole in his heart.

To look at the little bugger now, you wouldn't even think he'd had a cold!!

Please pass on a huge hug from me to little Tadhg and Vicki - take a man hug for yourself too!!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club