Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Box On Windscreen????

bettz

Guys anybody able to tell me what this black box is next to my rear view mirror???

The !Removed! thing keeps falling down since its got cold looks like the glue has had it.

wChApiG.jpg

Rain sensor module

Thanks.

The wipers don't seem to work by themselves no matter what position the wipers are in

Modules probably knackered then. If you had done an internet search on the part number (DE8T-19H463-BA), it'll have told you what it is.

The sensor has to make good contact with the screen to work... If its hanging off it won't work!!

The sensor has to make good contact with the screen to work... If its hanging off it won't work!!

I cleaned the glue off and used some heavy duty Velcro strips to hang the sensor back on

The clear part of the sensor has to make perfect contact with the screen to work properly. I don't think just velcro'ing it on will work.

• Like 1

It relies on refraction of light, so having a gap between the screen and the sensor means the light won't bend through the rain, then the glass then into the sensor properly due to there being an airgap.

I'll have another look at it tomorrow to see where the clear part is on the backing holding the sensor. I might be able to tape round it

I'm not sure if the previous owner has had issues with it falling down off the windscreen.

its not for the wipers its propably the gps signal off the car wich connects to the phone for security reasons if you crash

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Ford-Focus-Mk3-2011-2014-Rain-Sensor-FoMoCo-DE8T-19H463-BA-/191189519809

http://www.everythingmotoring.com/vehicle/parts/1563196

The links above seem to disagree with you.

If this plays up will the wipers work when they want,got my wheel on full and rains but window is covered so i

can just see then they work ''if they want'' or comes on 3 or 4 times at once and just a small amount on screen.

If it is i can have a moan at ford.

The wiper stalk controls when the wipers will work. Up once puts it on automatic mode, or intermittent if there isn't a rain sensor. The next selection is for on all the time, and last is fast wipe. As long as you have those options, you're always in control of the wipers.

The wiper stalk controls when the wipers will work. Up once puts it on automatic mode, or intermittent if there isn't a rain sensor. The next selection is for on all the time, and last is fast wipe. As long as you have those options, you're always in control of the wipers.

If i move the wiper stick up once they come on themselves but don't seem to go off or maybe its intermittent :wacko:

Put mine up one and wheel to full and rain sensor makes it own mind up,always too slow so window

is covered,cleaned window so many times,wish i had the inter not the sensor as im in control then.

Yup, the wheel on the stalk to control sensitivity of rain sensor

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

Put mine up one and wheel to full and rain sensor makes it own mind up,always too slow so window

is covered,cleaned window so many times,wish i had the inter not the sensor as im in control then.

By turning the wheel to "full" your making the sensor only pick up large amounts of water, so if it's raining lightly it will take longer for the sensor to turn the wipers on.

• Like 1

By turning the wheel to "full" your making the sensor only pick up large amounts of water, so if it's raining lightly it will take longer for the sensor to turn the wipers on.

So with the wheel set up as far as it will go 'more paint on the setting wheel' it wont come on if only small amount or rain.

Just read in book

Wheel set up on max,more paint is high sensitivity

wheel set down,less paint is low sensitivity ( paint is the mark on the stick.)

High is small amount of water on screen ( more paint on stick ) as mine is set,

Pretty much, don't think of the stalk markings as min/max sensitivity of the sensor but, more as light drizzle to monsoon. If it's set to monsoon it'll take a lot of light drizzle to create the conditions it's looking for.

In my experience the wheel is about as useful as a chocolate kettle. No matter the setting, the wipers still operate too slowly most of the time. The only way they operate directly with the wheel is when it's being turned, otherwise I just live with the time between sweeps or I put it onto normal.

Ignore. Playing catchup. Wish we could delete posts

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

No you want the high sensitivity setting... It'll wipe with the smallest amount of water on the screen then. The auto wipers in my Focus are good tbh, only thing they're not keen on it mist, they go mental when driving in mist as it settles on the sensor.

In my experience the wheel is about as useful as a chocolate kettle. No matter the setting, the wipers still operate too slowly most of the time. The only way they operate directly with the wheel is when it's being turned, otherwise I just live with the time between sweeps or I put it onto normal.

LOL same here.

So for less rain on the screen its the thicker white like on the stalk ( more sensitivity ) drizzle.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club