Do Not Sell My Personal Information

wing mirrors dont flash when indicating

fiestaguy

I've only just noticied that my wing wirrors dont flash when indicating. However when they are folded they do flash. :huh:

Anyone have the same issue?

Can anyone with an MK7 Fiesta confirm if this is normal or has a solution? :unsure:

I will check on the way home. However I had different but similar issue with the indicators, the indicator in the drivers side headlight would flash when locking and unlocking the car. However it would not flash when indicating right. I took it to the dealer who fixed but I don't know what they did to fix it.

I will check on the way home. However I had different but similar issue with the indicators, the indicator in the drivers side headlight would flash when locking and unlocking the car. However it would not flash when indicating right. I took it to the dealer who fixed but I don't know what they did to fix it.

Mine do flash when indicating.

On the way back from work they seem to be flashing again. Strange, oh well :) Thanks guys.

On the way back from work they seem to be flashing again. Strange, oh well :) Thanks guys.

Maybe it happens if some muck, oil or even water gets collected on just the wrong spot of the contacts? I'm imagining they might have some sort of direct pressure contacts between the stem of the mirror and the rest of it at the swivel joint, rather than a wire that could get trapped (but if the latter, maybe trapping/pinching is what's happening instead....). Whichever setup and consequent reason, it's the sort of thing that a bit of to-ing and fro-ing of the mirror just might sort out, either by moving the muck/water, or untrapping the wire, as appropriate. Must remember to check ours from time to time, since we often fold them on the front drive as it's narrow (ours is a Zetec with no extras, so it's manual folding/unfolding for us!).

I've only just noticied that my wing wirrors dont flash when indicating. However when they are folded they do flash. :huh:

Anyone have the same issue?

Could be a trapped wire, but is more likely to be a wiring fault and to have been there since the car was assy, take a trip to your dealer and get them to check it out.