Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Are Ford tinted windows stick on or genuine tinted glass?

Trav

Hi Guys,

I am new to the forum but have owned a couple of Ford Fiesta's in the last 3 years. My current car is a Mk6.5 3dr Fiesta 1.6tdci Zetec Climate with the sports pack, which I absolutely love.

The Dovercourt sticker that is on the back window is peeling away in certain places, and I want to remove it however I am worried that if the tints are stuck on I might pull them away from the glass. I am hoping they are genuine tinted glass but you never know with Fords lol.

Can anyone help?

Cheers

Trav

Hi Guys,

I am new to the forum but have owned a couple of Ford Fiesta's in the last 3 years. My current car is a Mk6.5 3dr Fiesta 1.6tdci Zetec Climate with the sports pack, which I absolutely love.

The Dovercourt sticker that is on the back window is peeling away in certain places, and I want to remove it however I am worried that if the tints are stuck on I might pull them away from the glass. I am hoping they are genuine tinted glass but you never know with Fords lol.

Can anyone help?

Cheers

Trav

On my Mk 7 Titanium I would say it is proper tinted glass. I am not sure about your version.

On my Mk 7 Titanium I would say it is proper tinted glass. I am not sure about your version.

Thanks for your help,I would imagine it is proper tinted glass as it is factory fitted. Will just have to give it a go and see what happens.

Hi Guys,

Can anyone help?

Cheers

Trav

they are definatly tinted glass not sticky plastic film

Defo tinted glass!

I would not be impressed if they gave me film. Not that I got it anyway because I didn't read the brochure properly :D

If it was film you wouldnt be able to read the dovercourt badge very clearly from the outside unless the film had been placed over the top of the dovercourt badge, if this is the case you wouldnt be able to remove the badge without removing the film - hope you know what I mean lol, I have film, looks just as good as the tint as I had it done recently, I have mountune badge on my rear window the film was placed over the top otherwise the mountune logo would not have been visable.

If it was film you wouldnt be able to read the dovercourt badge very clearly from the outside unless the film had been placed over the top of the dovercourt badge, if this is the case you wouldnt be able to remove the badge without removing the film - hope you know what I mean lol, I have film, looks just as good as the tint as I had it done recently, I have mountune badge on my rear window the film was placed over the top otherwise the mountune logo would not have been visable.

Cheers for the help guys, will pull it off and probably order a FOC window sticker to replace it with. :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club