Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2.5 Wing Mirrors On Mk2

nazsky786

Hello everyone,

Is it possible to put MK2.5 mirrors on a mk2 focus?

Regards

No, recently a mate of mine tried to do this modification. Everything on facelift mirrors - even the tiniest clip is different. It is defo not a plug & play work. This mod will require a lot of hard work and modification to the mirror holder and whatsoever.

I know someone who got RS type mirrors (facelift with black scalps) fitted to his pre-facelift ST and it only took the garage an hour or 2 to do it apparently.

Normal MK2.5 mirrors do not fit on a MK2. As already said before the mounting of the mirrors is a bit different.

However the mirrors of the MK2.5 Focus CC do fit on the Focus MK2. Unlike the normal Focus, the Body Shell and doors of the Focus CC were not changed during the facelift. The early versions of the MK2.5 Focus CC did still have the old MK mirrors. The later MK2.5 Focus CC did have MK2.5 style mirrors whit a mounting plate that fits to the MK2 mountings.

• Like 2

That could be how it was done then, I was wrongly under the impression they were a straight swap apart from the wiring :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

I already done to convert mirror wing mk2 to mk2.5 .. Everything just nice .. But the wiring to folding switch cannot use .. Maybe the wiring bit difference

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• 1 year later...

It can be done and is not to hard, just rewiring and feeding a wire feed for indicators is where most of the time is wasted. 

IMAG0506.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club