Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How To Hardwire A Blackvue Dashcam Pls?

mercman02

Just bought a blackvue 650 and i want to hardwire it in with the power magic. But i need an ignition live & a permanent live on the focus mk2.5 tdci 2008 passenger side fuse box.

has anyone hardwired one in yet? Ive ordered 2 add a circuit to piggyback from, i just need the 2 fuse numbers to plug into if anyone can help pls.

I used F109 cigar lighter and aux power socket rear /always live

and F116 for fog lights /ignition live hope this helps

mines a petrol

• Like 1

I just hardwired a dashcam a fortnight ago in mk1 focus using a add acircuit, not the blackvue. If you have a handbook for the car your fuse numbers will be in there, find one that is permanent live for example cigarette lighter if that is permaneny live on yours.

This thread here >> http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/48507-converting-12v-socket-to-ignition-live/ will give you a idea for what fuse numbers to check, remember to put the dashcam fuse it the proper slot on the add a circuit.

Do you need two fuses for that model of dashcam ?

• Like 1

Do you need two fuses for that model of dashcam ?

I imagine so, the blackvues I've looked at consist of two mini cameras (forward and rear), they're on my list of consideration lying bar steward cams lol :d

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

It does have 2 camera's but only 1 needs the feed. Its smart power that needs the 2 feeds to be able to use the parking mode.

Thanks i will try that at the weekend "if it ever stops raining!!"

I used F109 cigar lighter and aux power socket rear /always liveand F116 for fog lights /ignition live hope this helpsmines a petrol

If i piggyback with add a circuit, do i need to use the same Amp fuse as the one i am piggybacking off? eg; fuse 109 is 20Amp, do i need to put a 20Amp in the top as well. I dont want to blow the power magic plus because I don't think it has an internal fuse. The camera will be ok because it has its own fuse.

20 amp to the circuit it came out of and wot ever fuse your cam need to the wire that will supply the cam

take a look at piggy back fuses on youtube

• Like 1

Original size fuse in the bottom, probably a 5a or so (enough to protect the size of cable if it were to short).

Make sure you put the taps in the right way round - if you put them in backwards you could potentially get an unfused supply on your tap wire.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Ford OC mobile app

When you pull the top fuse, your tapped thing should lose power.

Alternatively use a multimeter to check there is not 12v on the tap wire with no fuse inserted in the top.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update on my blackvue dr650gw dashcam, i got 2 piggyback fuses off dave on eBay and the max amps for these are 10amp. So i had to find some other fuses to tap into and they were 114 ignition live & 103 battery live, both 10amp. This gave me the parking mode that i was after without draining the battery "I hope?".

• Like 1

Max 10 amps for the tap or the wire leading off it?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club