Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Headlamps Not Working (Low Beam)

Deltamansam

Hi all,

I have a Ford focus titanium 58 plate 1.6tdci

This evening whilst a sort of crackling sound appeared to come from the glove box. Did a round of checks and everything seemed to be fine. Later on a car adjacent to me told me just my side lights were on. The bulbs are definitely fine so any suggestions as to where I could look as I now cannot drive at night unless I put my full beam on.

Many thanks in advance

The passenger fusebox is behind the trim below the glovebox so that'd be the place to start. The dipped beams have separate fuses for each side so the fact both sides are affected means it's unlikely to be a blown fuse. Also the crackling sound suggests a more serious problem in that area so I'd get it checked out ASAP. You don't want an electrical fire.

Thanks for the reply.

I'll check it out ASAP and report back

Also I should note that when the crackling happens the cars Abs and traction control light on the speedo flashes up as well.

Hi, there is a dipped beam relay in the passenger fusebox to check, swap it with main beam relay, being that it is working as a test then you will know if its the relay.

Hi,

The problem has grown, this morning the car wouldn't start.

Electrics flashing on and off.

Also the ABS and Traction control lights are a permanent feature on the dash.

Any suggestions? Seems to be much more than a faulty light.

Youll need to look at the fuse box and relays sounds like summats burned out

Thanks for the response.

I got the multi meter out and found the battery +ve terminal was loose :/

Reconnected this and then jump started the car and everything is working again with no warning lights.

Everything except the lights, going to take them out in the morning as its getting dark now, prehaps them constantly flickering on and off blew them. :(

Thanks all.

Most likely if the terminal was loose must admit its something i dont check as you know from house bulbs it doesnt take much to pop the filament so youve likely hit the nail on the head

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club