Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keeping White Wheels Clean

laumk7

Does anyone have any tips? I'm between two wheels at the moment, deciding which to go for but both are white, they are to go with a white ( the same white!) car so them staying pristine is the aim.

I've already got some poorboys pink wheel sealant which I was going to use, but does anyone have some top tips to pass on?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Hi laumk7

There are a few products out there which will keep your white wheels in pristine condition. As you've said you all ready have the poorboys wheel sealant which is a good product. But if you really want those wheels to say pristine there is two products which I've found are excellent for the job. I'm a professional detailer and I've tried just about everything on the market for this type of thing. I recommend using these two products which have given me the best results Gtechniq W6 iron and fallout remover will remove pretty much anything off the wheels. I recommend you clean the wheels as normal then dry them then spray this on and leave for 5mins then use a soft brush to work it in them leave another 5mins before rinsing then dry. To seal your wheels use the Gtechniq C5 wheel armour to coat the wheels this is amazing stuff and last for up to 12months. If the wheels are brand new just use the C5 but the joy of the W6 is you can use it every so often to make sure the wheels stay clean and it won't strip the C5 off the wheels. Plus for added protection put the poorboys over the top of the C5. I hope this helps and if there's anymore advice I can give you just let me know.

The wheels are going to be brand new, I'll defo look at getting some gtechniq c5 thank you :)

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

No problem if you need anymore advice just ask.

Thank you. I've just been on ultimate finish to buy some and it comes in two sizes 15 or 30ml, which size will properly cover 4 wheels inside and out? Do I need more than one coat and what's the shelf life like on this product?

Apologies for all the questions, I just want to do this right first time :)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

The 15ml will easily cover 4 wheels inside and out. It's not recommend that you put more than one coat of this on. If you do want to put on extra protection you should then put a coat of the poor boys over it after 24hrs. But if you really want extra extra protection you can put the Gtechniq exo over the top but that starts getting expensive. Once on the wheels C5 will last 12 to 24 months before it needs to be redone once the bottle is open I'm not sure about the shelf life as i tend to use it up very quickly really. So it's never sat around for to long but with 15ml it will put a good cover over each wheel and I usually end up with a little left over. That's on 20 inch or bigger wheels.

If you need anymore help or advice feel free to ask.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club