Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Turbo Problems Advice Please

Drich290195

Well 3 weeks ago no i had the EGR valve replaced on my focus 2006 1.8 TDCI.

Last week i got an error P2099 Turbo underboost. Now i literally have no turbo at all. Very sluggish between 2k and 3k Revs.

Could it be related to anything regarding the EGR that was replaced failing or fitted correctly or am i literally the unluckiest man alive.

Funny thing is i am getting no error codes at all now just stuttering and juddering when cold and once warm just slow acceleration.

Thoughts most welcome. Iv had a quick check of the visible hoses and can't see any split or popped off. Thanks.

Anything wrong with the electrical connection to the turbo for actuator control?

If it's default position is to keep the wastegate open that could make it feel like the turbo isn't working at all. Had similar on the ST when the actuator arm became disconnected :(

thanks for replying troy how would i be able to check this

Not certain where it's located exactly apart from at the rear of the engine but the turbo will have a black box fixed to it with a wiring plug going into it. Try unplugging and plugging this back in.

742110-5007S.jpg

Is it a ramp job do you think. Do you think it could have anything to do with the egr that was changed.

I think it's a VNT on the 1.8? If so, the faulty EGR could've sooted up the VNT mechanism and caused to it stick open.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club