Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Fuel Cap

Dave_TDCI

Straight forward question really :)

I bought Redex diesel injector cleaner today to add to my fuel tank but I can't seem add it, there seems to be a mechanism locking access to where you enter the fuel.

It opens when I put the diesel pump into the area for filling up but when I take it away it locks, pushing against it with the Redex bottle won't seem to open it.

Just wondering if there's some sort of knack to doing it?

theres a special funnel for it, should be with the car, maybe with the spare wheel

• Like 1

Hello mate i just fill a petrol can and then add the Redex to that.

There's a special funnel for it?...That's strange, I'm almost certain I bought a bottle of redex when I first bought the car and put it in?!?

Checked the boot and don't appear to have one anyway. Anyone a picture of what it looks like or where to get one?

Could be a right nussance if you were unlucky enough to run out of diesel on a country road so :O

If you go to a Ford dealer they usually keep them in stock.

They only cost a couple of quid.

Look amongst your jacking kit in the boot, it will be a black or white flared tube.

looks like this

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/images_orig/1670446/1.jpg

you will be able to poke open the outer flap and pour it in, but it will just !Removed! all over the floor by the wheel, there is a second flap further down that also needs moved, hence the filling funnel thing

an if you run out of diesel on a country road youll probably have more to worry about then filling it up again ;)

Black for Petrol. The diesel one is grey and a totally different shape and size

Thanks for the assistance lads, guess I have no choice really but to get the funnel ha :)

Ah, didn't think the 2.5's had the fancy fuel flow thing. On the Mk3 they are different colours. The petrol one wont work as the nozzle is thinner so make sure you get the right one for your model and fuel type

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club