Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

What To Buy For A Car Dealer?

laumk7

I can't remember if I've asked this before or not? Apologies if I have

But I've been a utter pita keep calling them for updates and questions from my car dealer I think getting them a little prezzie when I pick the car up is appropriate imo

I have purchased via carwow so their commission is going to be low from this sale I think

It'll be nice to get something for the whole dealership rather than just the salesman who's dealing with me, or do you think just for the salesman? :/ and what to get?

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

I think your signature on the dotted line should be present enough.

Don't underestimate how much profit there is in a new car, especially if bought on finance.

If you feel that the salesman/woman went a little out of their way to deal with you (and I suspect you

do),a decent bottle of wine would seem like a good idea.

• Like 1

Most companies ban their employees/sales staff from accepting "gifts" from their customers/clients.

^ that ban is usually B2B and pre sale "gifts" or Bribes as they are otherwise known as, no harm in rewarding great service at all, especially not in the retail / motor trade when it very seldom happens.

• Like 1

I work in retail & company rules say the staff are not allowed to accept any form of rewards/gifts from customers.

Topical for this time of the year and guaranteed to generate goodwill would be big tin of Celebrations/Roses/Cadburys Heroes/Quality Street etc

Or cakes ;)

• 1 month later...

It's coming up that time, I've checked with them and they can accept gifts (they're expecting chocolate hobnobs now lol)

So far I've bought them

Cuff links (for my salesman)

Engraved pen (for my salesman)

Chocolates (for the dealership)

Chocolate hob nobs (for the dealership)

And I was thinking of some beers too - good idea? Bad idea?

Anything else or is that enough? Too much?

Far too much. You'll be telling us next what you buy the checkout girl at Asda

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Lol I do tip also when I go out, but not to asdas and the like ;)

Nope. I would gift them a comment of if they want to keep me happy I want freebies.

Your not the only one who is short arms deep pockets Phil lol

I've known my dealer for a long time, they are friends of the family and all he got was a handshake and my signature.

He knows he will get the long term business of parts and servicing.

Any dealer will just be pleased to complete the sale. Shouldn't need gifts IMO...

Unless they are dear friends I fail to see why you should need to buy them anything... Then again stereotypes suggest posties and milkmen get rewarded...

They owe you as a customer, not the other way round. I don't pay a tip to the salesmen who sells me my car insurance, or anyone who sells my mobile contract lol I screw them down give me more and more money off it, not beg them to add a gift to the cost...

Tbf I have been and am a pita to them, calling often with the most mundane questions and changing my mind on aspects every so often. It's only fair after all that I get them something

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I got the guys in my garage a box of biccies as a Thank You for having my van up on a ramp on and off for two months checking where Think Fraud/Ford's non-existent £5,000-to-fix oil leak was coming from, and then barely charging a bean.

Least I could do. Sometimes, it's nice to say Thank You.

:)

Sent from Ye Olde iPadde using Ford OC

• Like 2

I sometimes get tips/gifts as a delivery driver, mainly around Christmas time.

To be honest I think its a really nice gesture, restores my faith in humanity & helps me be nicer to the next customer I come across. Nothing wrong with nice gestures if you ask me (especially if you've been a pain in the hoop!).

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club