Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Limp Mode

Jonah11

Hi guys. I have a little problem if anybody could shed some light obit for me please. I have. 2.0 tdci Mondeo mk3. Every time I seem to put my foot down it goes into limp mode. It's been doing it for about a week now. :-/ :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

There are many reasons why it might do this - one is the VNT vanes are sticking, causing the actuator to not control the boost correctly leading to too much boost, the ECU detects this exessive boost and triggers limp home mode to protect the engine

Best to get the codes read/ invest in an OBD code reader to help find out what is wrong before spending money you dont need to

Thanks FOCA. you know the best place to get one from? Thanks :-)

Thanks FOCA. you know the best place to get one from? Thanks :-)

jeebowhite has done a guide with links to sellers -

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/tutorials/article/116-got-an-error-on-your-car/

Hi FOCA. Got my codes read today and brought back this fault. post-59081-141892109799_thumb.jpg

When I have looked under the car just now there seems to be a bit o an oil leak from the inter cooler pipe. What causes this? :-) thanks

It looks like the turbo actuator - could be the VNT vanes sticking, as abave (causing a "knock on" effect)

A 2006 car TCDI should have an electronic actuator these can be expensive to fix (again, the VNT vanes should be cleaned/ working correctly before replacing the actuator)

the boost hoses may be leaking but also check all your fluids as it may be coming from elsewhere but looks like its from the hoses

where exactly is the leak?

Hi FOCA looks like your production was correct. The vanes seem to be sticking. Would you have any suggestions on how to clean them as I'm not really familiar with these components. Lol :-)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club