Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2.5 To Newer Model

mitch84

Hi

I have a 2010 mk2.5 1.6tdci titanium which I'm thinking about trading in next year towards a newer focus

I'm looking at used with low mileage.

Even though diesel has been OK for me I'm thinking petrol would suit me better as I do fairly low mileage.

Has anyone got any thoughts on the 1 litre 125ps petrol?

As well as the 1.6 182ps ecoboost?

I'm not sure which would match or improve my current car best in terms of performance, any advice much appreciated.

Mitch

The 1L ecoboost is a great engine, more lively and fun than the 1.6 TDCi.

I would try one though, to see what you think of it. Every Ford garage must have a demo of it as it is so popular (and for good reason).

Thanks, yeah that 1 litre sounds good, I would need to try it, I do wonder how it would cope with overtaking and hill climbs?

Cheers

My mums focus powered up zig zag hill near Shaftesbury no problem.

If anything it got up easier than her 1.6 hdi 206, lol.

Can always take some friends/family with you to sit in the back on a test drive to weight it up a bit.

Just make sure you go for the 125 PS version as it has the much better 6 speed gearbox.

Hi Alex

I like your choice of new focus, i have the 2012 62 plate 1.6tdci tit, and being a diesel head for many years now

im still not convinced about the ecoboost engines, if i did go for one would be a four potter in 182bhp not a 3 potter 125

maybe its because im uncertain about a 3 potter sound over four, the zetec would be my choice in the range lots of bells

and whistles on the tit, but come at a price..

The 3 pot growls whereas the 4 pot purrs.

I quite like the sound of the 1L, the 1.5/1.6 has to be worked harder to get a good noise from it.

You won't believe it till you try one though, they are really rather good. I came from a 2.0 TDCi, else I would have probably opted for the 1L. The 1L is so much more fun to drive than the 1.6 TDCi imo.

I can confirm that the 125ps 1.0 litre is a fantastic car to drive. Sounds fantastic when you put your foot down, quiet as heck when idling.

Really moves, quicker than my 1.6 petrol zetec i part exchanged.

Seriously, I can't believe how much it's put the fun back into driving. Every chance I get to take it out then I'm off.

Ok, means my average fuel consumption is only mid to high 30s because I'm not driving economically.

Hey

Thanks again for all the replies, really liking the sound of this 1 litre engine, think I might have a look around next year for a good deal on a used model from a ford dealership with low mileage.

I dont think I could go lower than a titanium spec now as I would miss all the extras, such as rear view camera, touch screen satnav/radio control.

cheers

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club