Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How To Switch Off The Sony Radio

Chucma

Hello everyone,

We have just bought a secondhand Grand C-Max Titanium and think the world of it. I'm a reasonably technical guy, but the strangest thing is that I cannot work out how to switch the Radio off (or mute it). The scenario is sometimes we would like to have the Sat Nav guidance voice, but you don't want the Radio playing in the background.

This sounds pretty simple, but there is no Mute button that the manual describes; where the Mute button should be (according to the manual) is a Home button which is for navigating home.

There is a power button on the top left hand corner of the centre console, but then that switches off the Sat Nav as well as everything else on the console.

When you start the car the radio stays off, however as soon as you switch it on then it stays on until you switch the car off again.

Basically the only workaround we have found so far is to program in an empty Radio station and select that when we want to stop the radio playing.

Hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction, I'm probably doing something silly and will kick myself when I realise it.

Many thanks,

Adrian.

• Like 1

On my old Focus, I just used to turn the volume to 0.

No other way around it that I know of.

Thanks Alex, I suspected as much!

Thanks for the feedback!

Cheers,

Adrian.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

• 4 months later...

Hello everyone,

We have just bought a secondhand Grand C-Max Titanium and think the world of it. I'm a reasonably technical guy, but the strangest thing is that I cannot work out how to switch the Radio off (or mute it). The scenario is sometimes we would like to have the Sat Nav guidance voice, but you don't want the Radio playing in the background.

This sounds pretty simple, but there is no Mute button that the manual describes; where the Mute button should be (according to the manual) is a Home button which is for navigating home.

There is a power button on the top left hand corner of the centre console, but then that switches off the Sat Nav as well as everything else on the console.

When you start the car the radio stays off, however as soon as you switch it on then it stays on until you switch the car off again.

Basically the only workaround we have found so far is to program in an empty Radio station and select that when we want to stop the radio playing.

Hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction, I'm probably doing something silly and will kick myself when I realise it.

Many thanks,

Adrian.

Found your post as I have struggled like you to turn the darn radio off. Clearly it's the designers' fault not us who are the dummies!

I should add I found fixed button 4 (right hand one) "Mute" sets the volume straight to zero :)

alternatively move to the AUX setting.

• 2 years later...

Switch the radio on - there should be a mute option on the bottom right of the control screen (one of the four reprogrammable buttons). Press it to mute the radio, then switch on the Sat Nav which has its own Mute option.    There should also be an option to set the two volumes , but I haven't found it yet !!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club