Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keyless Entry and Start

Barnsey

I ain't that !Removed!! :angry:

Paul, having bought that colour, you're going to have to expect this kind of thing. :lol:

Paul, having bought that colour, you're going to have to expect this kind of thing. :lol:

You mean it was me buying Squeeze Green Fiesta and not that fact that I have a boyfriend then?

Phew thats a relief! :lol:

I quoted the wrong post - I meant to quote the one about calling the car 'petal'.

:lol:

I quoted the wrong post - I meant to quote the one about calling the car 'petal'.

:lol:

LOL - thats alright then! ;)

LOL - thats alright then! ;)

It was only 'cos of the flowers - wasn't having a go or trying to be nasty, and I thought you were looking for a name for your car. Sorry :(

Do you have to press and HOLD the start button until the car starts? Isent it normal that you just have to give it a light push and the car starts by it self?

It's just like using a key in that sense. You press and hold the button until the engine fires up just like you would turn and hold a key.

It was only 'cos of the flowers - wasn't having a go or trying to be nasty, and I thought you were looking for a name for your car. Sorry :(

heheeh - was only joking with you - no offence taken :P

Hi Guys

hopefully you can help, I am about to order the New Titanium 1.6 TDCi in time for the '59 plates to arrive.

However, i want to know from people who have it, whats its like to live with the keyless entry and POWER button.

How does the system work? Do you feel safe leaving the car, when its locked? Is it the same as the BMW where you 'plug' the fob in like an old PS2 memory card, or simply scan it like an Oyster Card?

How does it lock itself and unlock?? And when you have finished with the car do you just push the button and lock the car??

Is there a back-up system like convention remote keys on the reverse? or a key thats used? does it all have to be locked via keyless or is there a normal remote that can be used in conjunction??

thanks

hi Barnsey

I've had my Fiesta with keyless for a couple of months now so I'll try and answer your questions plus say a bit more about how it works:

The car senses the location of the keyfob. If it senses it is about 1 to 2m away you can open the front doors by pressing the small black button on the door handle. If you just want to open the tailgate to load some shopping then just open it by hand using the recessed handle - the doors remain locked though - close the tailgate and it automatically relocks itself. All this works with the keyfob inside a bag (including my Manbag!) a jacket pocket etc - no need to take it out and wave it about!!

Once in the car to start the engine press the clutch down and press the Power button on the dash until the engine fires. To switch on the dash, power the electric windows etc without firing up the engine don't press down the clutch pedal, just press the Power button.

If the keyfob is outside the car, even if just outside then the engine won't start.

When you get out of the car as long as the key is also outside the car and within it's sensor range (1 to 2m) then you double lock the doors and tailgate by pressing the black button on the door handle twice within 3 seconds.

If you leave the key inside the car or the boot then it won't lock.

If you leave the car unlocked after about a minute it automatically locks itself unless it senses the keyfob inside the car.

The back up is a key inside the fob which is quite easy to extract and use. The keyfob also has the usual lock/unlock buttons for remote locking - although I've never used them.

All in all the system is very good and very convenient. I wouldn't want to go back to more traditional key and remote systems. I wish the front door to our hose was simialr equipped then I'd never need to get my keys out.

Hope this helps

regards

Andy

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club