Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keyless Entry and Start

Barnsey

Hi Guys

hopefully you can help, I am about to order the New Titanium 1.6 TDCi in time for the '59 plates to arrive.

However, i want to know from people who have it, whats its like to live with the keyless entry and POWER button.

How does the system work? Do you feel safe leaving the car, when its locked? Is it the same as the BMW where you 'plug' the fob in like an old PS2 memory card, or simply scan it like an Oyster Card?

How does it lock itself and unlock?? And when you have finished with the car do you just push the button and lock the car??

Is there a back-up system like convention remote keys on the reverse? or a key thats used? does it all have to be locked via keyless or is there a normal remote that can be used in conjunction??

thanks

Hi Guys

hopefully you can help, I am about to order the New Titanium 1.6 TDCi in time for the '59 plates to arrive.

However, i want to know from people who have it, whats its like to live with the keyless entry and POWER button.

How does the system work? Do you feel safe leaving the car, when its locked? Is it the same as the BMW where you 'plug' the fob in like an old PS2 memory card, or simply scan it like an Oyster Card?

How does it lock itself and unlock?? And when you have finished with the car do you just push the button and lock the car??

Is there a back-up system like convention remote keys on the reverse? or a key thats used? does it all have to be locked via keyless or is there a normal remote that can be used in conjunction??

thanks

LOL - are you serious - I ordered mine on the 1 June and it is not certain that I will get mine for the 1 September (although I am hoping it will)

As for the keyless entry - I was going to have it on mine and then decided that £400 for, what is in effect a gimic, was a bit excessive so instead of having that and then 7spoke alloys I struck a deal with the dealer and for a little over £700 he put the X Pack on it instead.

I have since read a cuople of road tests that have said the same thing about it so I am glad I changed my mind

Hi Guys

thanks

The system works very well. You don't scan or plug the fob, just have it in your pocket or bag. It doesn't unlock or lock itself, you press a small button in the door handle, or use the fob as normal. To start or stop the engine, just press the power button. There is an emergency key inside the fob.

Hope this helps,

Ray

I test drove a keyless entry one. If I can remember that far back I think it was started by pushing the clutch down and then pressing the power button. I don't remember having to insert the key into anything, think you just had to have it with you.

It does come with a key too, you open up the actual fob and a key is inside it. I'm sure people with the system can tell you about it a bit better though.

I didn't get it put on my car, I'm quite happy to put a key in the ignition!

Hi Guys

You dont need to use the key at all to start the car such as plugging it in. You can just leave it in your pocket or in your bag. Then you simply press the clutch down and press the start button and the engine starts.

It doesnt lock and unlcok itself you have to press a small black button on the door handle it is very simple and effective. However, if you do forget to lock it by accident the car locks itself when it is left for about a minute.

There is a normal key inside the remote for emergency access i think.

thanks

I have wrote the answers above in your quote in italic.

To be honest it is a good device as you dont have to get your key out of your pocket all the time or rummage around in your bag, as once you are in close enough proximity you just press the button on the handle even if the key is in your pocket. It is secure as you have to be about 1m away from the car for someone else to open the door. So for example soemone can not open it when you ahve walked 5-10 meteres down the road.

Yes it is £400 and a bit of a gimmick but some people will find it useful and others wont. But it has to be said it does make it far easier unlocking, locking and starting the car.

Dont bother with keyless entry. You could by more useful options for £400.

Have you thought about spending your pennies on either a Full dress up kit for an additional £100 (if you are getting the 3 door or the rear Zetec S spoiler if not), lowered suspension and personal plate, viper stripes, the servicing package (all costs covered for 36 months) - I am sure there are other things too.

Thanks for your views guys, much appriciated.

With regards to the extras, i have saved up enough pennies to splash out on every possible additon for the car, even the pointless ones such as illumiated gear knob and door sills. :lol:

my dealer reckons he can have me in it by the 'and i quote' 17th September :o

With regards to the extras, i have saved up enough pennies to splash out on every possible additon for the car, even the pointless ones such as illumiated gear knob and door sills. :lol:

Hmmm, 9 weeks. Paul and I were both quoted 8-12 weeks, but it's looking like it will be longer for both of us, so don't get your hopes up too much is all I can say.

My build date is in August - the car won't appear for around 4 weeks after that - and my delivery estimate was the start of August at the point of order. <_<

I still laugh at this, I had mine in 4 weeks :)

No one likes a smart Andy. :lol:

for me it's no gimmick, your other questions have all been answered, it's a good system, I wouldn't be without it.

Well if you have got every other extra then go for it . . . .I would if I had the spare cash to do it (but I don't)

I still laugh at this, I had mine in 4 weeks :)

How the hell did oyu get yours in 4 weeks - can only assume it was already built somwhere waiting for a new owner?

How the hell did oyu get yours in 4 weeks - can only assume it was already built somwhere waiting for a new owner?

I think the dealer ordered a load of them and just modified the order so I could customise it to what I wanted...I guess!

ive got power button start and keyless entry, and makes it so easy and works really well! Im impressed by it. Ijust leave my key in my coat/bag or pocket, and works everytime!

8 weeks, lol! You'll be lucky. Im 19 weeks and counting. Car was built 29th, on its way this week and should be with dealer for weekend/monday/tue next week. Should be able to collect either early next week or weds :)

exciting stuff.

And the Power button is awesome, cant wait for it all! :) splash out, you'll wish you did!

You can see the keyless fob/power button on this here video:

Thats a cracking video (helped by the fact it is the best colour) and shows loads of little things (like how to scroll through the screens on the on board computer)

Might be an idea to ask for it to be made a sticky for other people to check out.

Thats a cracking video (helped by the fact it is the best colour) and shows loads of little things (like how to scroll through the screens on the on board computer)

Might be an idea to ask for it to be made a sticky for other people to check out.

Ooooooo are you getting the pink flowers on yours Paul :lol:

• Like 1

How come all these videos are made by Americans? Do we not do this sort of thing over here? It was a nice video but nothing new. I'm still waiting for a video where someone's found out all the secret doodahs and functions.

How come all these videos are made by Americans? Do we not do this sort of thing over here? It was a nice video but nothing new. I'm still waiting for a video where someone's found out all the secret doodahs and functions.

That's because Ford shipped 100 new Fiesta's to the US a couple of months ago as part of an evaluation trial and literally gave them to people to drive for 6 months. Each applicant who successfully received one (out of thousands) has to place videos on YouTube etc, write blogs, etc and keep people up-to-date with how the car is doing & basically show it to as many people as possible. The idea being...that when the Fiesta reaches America next year - it will be familiar with people and (hopefully) gain a good reputation prior to its release. All the cars that are part of the scheme have a logo/graphics on the side denoting that the car is part of the 'get to know the European Fiesta' programme. The cars ended up all across the USA in various towns & cities so that plenty of people will see it/get to know it. I have watched several videos from YouTube (there are loads out there) and so far the reception has been excellent. One thing's for sure; when the Fiesta does get released in the US in 2010 - it will sell by the bucket-load! Ford are re-tooling a big factory in Mexico as we speak which will build just the new Fiesta.

Do you have to press and HOLD the start button until the car starts? Isent it normal that you just have to give it a light push and the car starts by it self?

Ooooooo are you getting the pink flowers on yours Paul :lol:

I ain't that !Removed!! :angry:

I ain't that !Removed!! :angry:

Just thought if you got the flowers you could call the car Petal!

Just thought if you got the flowers you could call the car Petal!

And why would I want to do that?