Do Not Sell My Personal Information

St180 Lowering Springs

Martin22

Soo.. I'm thinking of lowering the ST and am wondering what people on here have done. Looking at lowering it on 50mm springs, anyone got pictures of theirs lowered?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Sorry for posting this 4 times, phone said it hadn't posted it ! :/

Don't think there are any 50mm springs, not sure why you would need to go that low and ruin the handling.

Most go for either eibachs, H&R or mountune's Eibach springs. I have the mountune's but not fitted yet.

Maybe coilovers would give you the lows you want, but they're not cheap.

I'd mountune it up; I had BC coilies on my last car and cost around £700 just so I could put my back through hell.. But I suppose you don't buy them for ride comfort springs retain some of the virtually non existent comfort in the ST, and better on your wallet too :)

I'm getting an ST after christmas, just curious, how hard is the standard ST ride? I spend alot of time in the car during the day driving from job to job (not high mileage).

I don't find the ride particularly bad. Like yourself i do a lot of miles (6000 in 3 months). Its great on motorways

I've done 20k since March in mine. I can still walk and all that. People that say it's hard have obviously never been in a lotus or Caterham. There is nothing wrong with the ride at all, it suits the car well.

I bought Eibach Redline springs from Pumaspeed.

I can send you pictures if you would like, the car sits perfectly and I can't feel any noticeable difference in ride harshness.

Looks better and handles slightly better. I had my alignment laser aligned after but it wasn't off at all so if you do it you can save yourself the £100 or so for alignment afterwards.

Cheers

• Like 1

That's good then, yeah if you don't mind sending or posting some pictures so I can see what it looks like.

Surprised with the alignment, would have expected it to need it...

• 1 month later...

I'm running the Mountune Eibach's and I'm happy with them, doesn't feel like it's been lowered drives nice and is as comfortable as the standard suspension, post-51174-142269693853_thumb.jpg

I bought Eibach Redline springs from Pumaspeed.

I can send you pictures if you would like, the car sits perfectly and I can't feel any noticeable difference in ride harshness.

Looks better and handles slightly better. I had my alignment laser aligned after but it wasn't off at all so if you do it you can save yourself the £100 or so for alignment afterwards.

Cheers

I made the same mistake when I lowered mine! I agree!!

I'm running the Mountune Eibach's and I'm happy with them, doesn't feel like it's been lowered drives nice and is as comfortable as the standard suspension, attachicon.gifImageUploadedByFord OC1422696938.389109.jpg

where did you get the little black triangle on the wing with ST on it? I like that touch!!

Had them made by DMB last year and since then seen a few people with them, not sure if he still makes them as for legal reasons he can't make the ford overlays no more

Had them made by DMB last year and since then seen a few people with them, not sure if he still makes them as for legal reasons he can't make the ford overlays no more

post-51174-142271826692_thumb.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club