Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Fed Up With Idiots.

jeebowhite

So, I had a bad enough day, drove to the doctors for some help. Got there to find the idiots had closed the place with just a sign on the door, no notice on website or no mention on their phones.

So out I come, driving back home get to a traffic calming area, already through the junction, have my right of way and some idiot in a focus just drives up in front of me and refuses to move. Blatantly ignoring the give way sign. Turned engine off just to prove she was the bigger woman. In the end I had to reverse risking an accident. The cream of the crop was them taking a photo of me whilst I was waiting for them to move.

I hate idiots.

So, I had a bad enough day, drove to the doctors for some help. Got there to find the idiots had closed the place with just a sign on the door, no notice on website or no mention on their phones.

So out I come, driving back home get to a traffic calming area, already through the junction, have my right of way and some idiot in a focus just drives up in front of me and refuses to move. Blatantly ignoring the give way sign. Turned engine off just to prove she was the bigger woman. In the end I had to reverse risking an accident. The cream of the crop was them taking a photo of me whilst I was waiting for them to move.

I hate idiots.

Blooming ford drivers! ;) so she took a photo of 'herself' ignoring the road rules effectively? Lol classic! I'd like to see that one stand up! "Err yes you're supposed to give way to them there love"

There's loads of them out there unfortunately :(, the 'favourite' around near me is people speeding up to a roundabout ignoring the give way to the right or whatever is already on the roundabout rule. Had many a near miss from morons doing this " you give way to the right!" "you were nowhere near roundabout yet, so I moved onto it, you give way to what's already on the roundabout not try and ram them as you haven't slowed down" "no you don't" "yes you do its in Highway Code if you'd bothered to read it" etc

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Yeah these idiots walk amongst us, I was however kins enough to stick two fingers up at them as they took the photo. I thought it more polite than hobbling to their car and threatening to ram my hobbling stick through her ears...

• Like 1

Having read the first post I was going to say I hope you gave them the finger, lol.

Gave them double for their trouble.

Ignorance. Pure and simple. I need to check the dash-cam and see if it was caught on that...

• Like 1

Just checked dash-cam and it's there will upload when the kids are in bed. It shows I was already through the junction with priority and they just proceeded to head me off.

• Like 2

So here we go.... (although it probably wont be visible until half 8 as uploading is slow....

I keep wondering if it was me in the wrong, but given that I almost cleared the junction by the time they hit the give way sign.... I fail to see how it is?

Should keep a Super Shorty 12G in the car, pull that out, point in face and problem solved (that one anyway)

I wish! After I yelled at them I chose to reverse ad the alternative was to get out the car walk away and lock it, but I didn't want to upset those who didn't pizz me off...

So here we go.... (although it probably wont be visible until half 8 as uploading is slow....

I keep wondering if it was me in the wrong, but given that I almost cleared the junction by the time they hit the give way sign.... I fail to see how it is?

Video not playing for me, showing as "this video is private" :/

I'd see if you couldn't report her for dangerous driving by stopping and turning engine off in the middle of a busy junction with a video like that tbh, perhaps stoney or someone will be able to confirm. Either way what a stupid woman, letting the side down she really is

Yeah I'm already contemplating reporting her for deliberate obstruction of a highway!

Do it Jeebs.

Unfortunately the morons in today's society don't get killed off like they used to....

Obstructing the highway is an offence under section 137 of the Highways Act (1980)

post-28494-0-42820700-1418952261_thumb.j

• Like 1

Yeah I'm already contemplating reporting her for deliberate obstruction of a highway!

Do it, also you could argue that she tried to cause a head on collision deliberately lol. She was definitely in the wrong, she basically drove at you because she though her right of way gave her absolute power or something. It's like when there are cars parked on the side of the road, if there's a car already passing them you don't drive at them, you let them past if there's nowhere for them to pull in.

I would have been tempted to just mount the kerb to get past, but that kerb looks a bit big and I'd probably have reversed like you did. The silly thing about it is there's plenty of space for her to let you past, that's why there are hashed markings on her side of the road to indicate that there could be a hazard and you might need to slow down, not accelerate towards said hazard.

^ Agreed, you were already committed, no issue on your part, I had the above once where I was about 50M down a road with cars parked up on my side, 10M from it clearing and some douche bag in an A3 sitting low Gansta style took our mirrors out, he didn't want to sort it and instead he wanted his insurance to clean me out, took a picture of how he was sitting ( couldn't see anything ) and turned out I was in the right and he owed me a mirror, turns out Citroen Xsara mirrors are expensive and he lost his NCD over it and his excess.

• Like 1

What a dozy moo, you were already in the traffic calming area, any right of way is forfeit for cars already coming through.

Agreed entirely. Bad driver report completed, police reference provided, and evidence link emailed to the traffic team. I'm looking forward to the outcome. I really don't feel I was in the wrong here, I could have over cautiously awaited at the give way at my side, but that would be frustrating to me and other drivers around me. We will see what the police think.

As you pass the give way sign/lines, two cars were turning.
Your speed seems to be constant on the approach and through the junction.
The on coming car doesn't seem to move until you are almost through the first part of the narrow junction.
At this point, any considerate/reasonable road user would have waited for you to clear the junction.
Judging by the stand off/phone recording antics and central road positioning, this driver has been in this situation before.
It looks tricky to navigate, especially concidering the length of the junction and also a side road in between the narrow sections.

Yeah It was tricky, but I suspect they live in the area and so should know better, but probably think they are gods gift...

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately I got a response from the police, depsite the clear evidence on the dashcam, the police are unable to proceed with any further action due to no independent witnesses, and also they dont believe there is any public interest in prosecuting or enforcing any action on the driver...

That's a shame, but it kind of makes sense considering there was no collision, and it doesn't necessarily prove that she's likely to cause an accident in the future.

It proves she's a feacical driver! but yeah, oh well, I was hopeful something would come of it, but I can appreciate the police dont have unlimited resources. It doesnt however bode well for the dashcam as it shows even with the evidence of bad driving, people can still get away with idiocy! shame really, but I think the Corsa driver who crashed into me proves that in the event a witness is present and the evidence is there, you can at least see some form of justice compelled!

I don't get the requirement for an independent witness when you have video evidence though. Do they think people are faking the dashcam footage, maybe adding in cars that weren't there with CGI? lol

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club