Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Fed Up With Idiots.

jeebowhite

You have to wonder dont you!

I would have got out the car calmly walked up to her and said that it's now being recorded for blocking a public highway.

Usually it works, I've done that when a car cut me up when I was driving a 7.5 t. I got out and she said " oh what you going to do call the poilce" no love it's being recorded and what you have done is going to the police. They soon !Removed! there faces and leave pretty quick.

• Like 1

A lot of the time the police will give you the glad hand,, yes sir will look in to it as there shaking your hand, then bin it,,, unfortunatly there way too busy and way way under staffed.

All that lady had to do was back up 10ft and you would have got round her.

The latest one in Hull is ignoring traffic lights at junctions,, just as the lights turn red we all know you can get through it but we dont as its dangerous and against the law,, well in Hull the cars just keep going right up until the cars that now have priority cross the junction, its amazing.

I was once second at the lights behind a friggin cop car, lights changed and off we went,,, 5 cars went through on red,, 5 buggers and the copper slowed down so not to hit the 5th one and drove off. lol

If this council ever put up traffic light camera's it would be the richest council in the land.

I don't get the requirement for an independent witness when you have video evidence though. Do they think people are faking the dashcam footage, maybe adding in cars that weren't there with CGI? lol

Most if not all cases where vid evidence is taken are not tried on the vid footage but the confesion it gets them when shown to the culprits.

Yes the footage is shown in court but its the confesion that secures the conviction.

Those that know this just stick to one thing,,, prove its me,,,,without a confesion, short of sitting on your mam's lap with your pasport open and stuck to your head the CPS will run away.

Most if not all cases where vid evidence is taken are not tried on the vid footage but the confesion it gets them when shown to the culprits.

Yes the footage is shown in court but its the confesion that secures the conviction.

Those that know this just stick to one thing,,, prove its me,,,,without a confesion, short of sitting on your mam's lap with your pasport open and stuck to your head the CPS will run away.

Very interesting, it makes me think if they have a lawyer or anyone to advise them, then they'll get away with it most of the time. At least the dashcam can prove that its owner isn't at fault, even if it can't prove the other guy is.

Very interesting, it makes me think if they have a lawyer or anyone to advise them, then they'll get away with it most of the time. At least the dashcam can prove that its owner isn't at fault, even if it can't prove the other guy is.

Its really to do with the CPS, there judged by results so a lot of things that are not nailed on are bargained down to lesser charges to secure a result, anything that remotly looks like a loss is binned off, charges droped.

So CCTV alone is a none runner with them as the defence will say prove its my client and not someone who looks like him,

the question the police will ask,,,, whats alook alike doing in your car,,, no comment, whos the look alike in your house with your clothes on,, no comment, take this to the CPS with no confesion and no witnesses and just CCTV and its in the bin.

Very bad situation indeed, and the poor police get the blame and have to explaine it all to the public.

I have just got myself a mobius after reading about them on here,,,, and as you say Phil its basically to prove it wasnt my fault.

People reversing in to you at stops is another good one in Hull, nice claim and nothing you can do as there's always a couple of em in a banger of a car, they look in the mirror see your alone and reverse.

Its funny when you see a piece of crap car at the lights and the next car is 20ft behind it :)

People reversing in to you at stops is another good one in Hull, nice claim and nothing you can do as there's always a couple of em in a banger of a car, they look in the mirror see your alone and reverse.

Its funny when you see a piece of crap car at the lights and the next car is 20ft behind it :)

I'll have to watch out for that when I'm in Hull (used to live in Barton and parents still do). I'll ask my dad if he's ever noticed that because he's in Hull for work most days.

This actually happened to me years ago although it was accidental, someone reversed into me while waiting in traffic, to let someone else into a driveway lol.

Well my camera has done that countless times now it's good enough for me.

Still securing even one conviction is good enough it's more than we would have had pre dashcam!

Perhaps next time I will just get out an advise them about the camera.

We should all remember to get witnesses if something happens even with dashcam footage. I've seen a couple of Youtube vids where the person with the camera says something along the lines of "It's ok I don't need a witness, I have it on video". Maybe most people assume that's enough.

I'll have to watch out for that when I'm in Hull (used to live in Barton and parents still do). I'll ask my dad if he's ever noticed that because he's in Hull for work most days.

Barton Bike Night is a must :)

Ask him about the trafic lights too,, people just ignore red lights when they have just gone red and cars keep driving through regardless, i have now been 2 days with my dash cam running on its battery power and its captured this every time im out.

As you say James,, securing any conviction and proving facts to your insurance companys makes these things worth their weight in gold, these cameras give the police a next step, its no longer your word against someone elses and the footage gives the police the opertunity to prize a confession out of some people, and if not, it gives them something to sent to their insurance company so they just pay for your car and not theirs.

• Like 3

Very true indeed but I agree, make sure you get any witness you can where possible regardless of cam because it will assist. The police initially told me they were not going to take any action against the corsa driver who hit me, then the witness details where passed on and the police took it further to taking action.

hmmmmm wrote a reply yesterday but seems it didnt save :S or post lol but awkwell al write it again.......

Watched the video what a Cucking Funt!!!
but you did the right thing here mate canny believe the ignorance of that lassy they are the worst ones and obv think shes in the right .........makes you wonder honestly what they think there doing!!!
i need to get a dash cam to be honest mobius seem great (using torque pro app with track record on it and looks great tho)

reads your speed and anything you want

Thread is here
http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/65669-android-torque-bluetooth-obd2-app-updated-with-my-vids/

I love the idea of having that information on your picture I must admit, and if you have a spare phone it could work well to wire it in permenantly, for me though, I prefer the idea more of having it installed and staying there, without leaving a phone on public display, but none the less, its good :)

• Like 1

What we need is a android HD camera in mobius form lol

What we need is a android HD camera in mobius form lol

Yeah that would be great, what we need is something like the Mobius which is actually an Android tablet with a detachable screen, then you could do all sorts of interesting things with it :)

Edit: I mean the same shape and size as the Mobius but with the hardware of a tablet underneath.

SSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH guys we have a millions quid idea dont tell no one! we will start it Foc Camera

• Like 2

advert shal be

" In a Crash ? well Don't Give a FOC" aslong as you have the Foc camera installed lol

• Like 2

haha, its a great idea guys! all we need is a developer.

I shall now patent the idea on behalf of the FOC!

• Like 2

I've never seen it, but that movie 'the purge' raises an interesting point...

Sent via carrier pigeon using Ford OC

Yeah I share that idea...

I've never seen it, but that movie 'the purge' raises an interesting point...

hahahahhahahaha, i have seen them both,, 24hrs is just not enough. :D

I always thought the 1st car maker who installs front and rear dash cameras and uses a built in satnav screen, and then links it to the satnav software giving times ,speeds and locations in what ever area and all saved to a removable 2.5 inch harddrive in the car as an optional extra will make a mint.

Couldn't agree more. You could probably do it yourself with an aftermarket android head unit, the cameras and a 64gb USB dongle, using torque with track recorder.

Problem is you'd want it to be easily removable and untraceable if for instance you weren't whiter than white in a situation...

Sent via carrier pigeon using Ford OC

I always trim my videos down to only the applicable section

I always trim my videos down to only the applicable section

Windows movie maker does the trick :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club