Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wheel Alignment

supercmaxer

Recently had the car lowered and need the fronts tracked, is it worth having a 4 wheel alignment even though the tears can't be adjusted?

Hunter systems are good but couldn't justify the cost of only the fronts are the ones that get adjusted.

It's false economy getting the front's done on their own, I'd definitely get the whole lot checked.

Assuming the C-max rear suspension set up is same control blade design as the Focus, there is adjustment at the rear for camber and toe.

You've got cam bolts for the lower arm into the subframe giving camber adjustment, and toe will change to a smaller degree at the same time because the wheel actually moves in an arc when the camber is adjusted, pivoting at the front bush mounting of the control blade to the body.

It's false economy getting the front's done on their own, I'd definitely get the whole lot checked.

Assuming the C-max rear suspension set up is same control blade design as the Focus, there is adjustment at the rear for camber and toe.

You've got cam bolts for the lower arm into the subframe giving camber adjustment, and toe will change to a smaller degree at the same time because the wheel actually moves in an arc when the camber is adjusted, pivoting at the front bush mounting of the control blade to the body.

I beileve it is the same but not sure where the adjuster is, been told it's the inner nut?? Well I've seen a pdf of this stating its the nut.

Well Im going to get it done today hopefully. Let you know what happens.

I beileve it is the same but not sure where the adjuster is, been told it's the inner nut?? Well I've seen a pdf of this stating its the nut.

Well Im going to get it done today hopefully. Let you know what happens.

At garage and been told one of the rear wheels are out by 11mm really. Is this at all possible??!!

Passenger side rear? That's the one that usually takes a hit on kerbs with tight turns lol. I've had a front further out than that before....though that was after I hit a kerb in snow lol.

Passenger side rear? That's the one that usually takes a hit on kerbs with tight turns lol. I've had a front further out than that before....though that was after I hit a kerb in snow lol.

Yes lol. The rear passenger i fact it was -51.50 lol. The other side was +4.30. The fronts were +25.80 left and -31.90 right so pretty bad in all.

Bet it feels nicer now its been done then! Where did you get it done btw? I've only had 2 wheel alignment on cars so far but obviously the Focus needs 4.

Bet it feels nicer now its been done then! Where did you get it done btw? I've only had 2 wheel alignment on cars so far but obviously the Focus needs 4.

Mate, I've never experienced a smoother ride lol. I never had faith in having the tracking done, never done right and it ends up still wrong.

Makes it worth while now it's been lowered as well.

I had it done down in Hampshire, horndean. £53. I think what you need is a garage that does the hunter alignment or some thing similar they program the car model in to a computer and it gives out all the correct readings. Defo well worth the money.

Where in suffolk you from?

Lol, tbh I know my trackings out, feels odd tbh, sticks to the road but just doesn't inspire confidence...plus theres a lot of edgewear on 3 tyres, and the 4th, probably the only one tracking true, has a nail in it lol. So looking at 4 tyres and proper tracking so they last a while! Obviously I don't expect it to come cheap (probably £300 for tyres and tracking :( ) but don't want to cheap out and have the same edgewear problem again! I cant afford it this side of xmas but will be done asap next year though!

I'm from a small village right on the coast, but drive to Ipswich/Felixstowe for everything, theres nothing down here lol.

I keep meaning to get a price on tracking from Formula 1 autocentre. They've done a few tyres for me in the past and will probably get tyres there this time, but they don't quote tracking online anymore for some reason, not sure what system they use for tracking though.

Lol, tbh I know my trackings out, feels odd tbh, sticks to the road but just doesn't inspire confidence...plus theres a lot of edgewear on 3 tyres, and the 4th, probably the only one tracking true, has a nail in it lol. So looking at 4 tyres and proper tracking so they last a while! Obviously I don't expect it to come cheap (probably £300 for tyres and tracking :( ) but don't want to cheap out and have the same edgewear problem again! I cant afford it this side of xmas but will be done asap next year though!I'm from a small village right on the coast, but drive to Ipswich/Felixstowe for everything, theres nothing down here lol.I keep meaning to get a price on tracking from Formula 1 autocentre. They've done a few tyres for me in the past and will probably get tyres there this time, but they don't quote tracking online anymore for some reason, not sure what system they use for tracking though.

When you are looking at tyres look on line, I got mine from black circles Pirelli p7 fitted balanced £130 they retail £90 in kwik fit.

There are a few companies that you can order from and have them sent to a garage, even if you type Asda tyres which I didn't know off.

Mytyres.co.uk. Tyreleader.co.uk. Oponeo.co.uk just a few good on line tyre companies.

F1 autocentre do the cheapest fully fitted online, easily beat blackcircles, a fiver a tyre cheaper on the Dunlops I'm going for. They also beat any cheaper quote if you find one... :D

Plus I found a 5% discount code, and get 2.6% back via topcashback as well. I don't like to spend more money than I have to haha.

Its just the tracking I'm not sure where to go atm.

F1 autocentre do the cheapest fully fitted online, easily beat blackcircles, a fiver a tyre cheaper on the Dunlops I'm going for. They also beat any cheaper quote if you find one... :DPlus I found a 5% discount code, and get 2.6% back via topcashback as well. I don't like to spend more money than I have to haha.Its just the tracking I'm not sure where to go atm.

You beat me on prices then lol. Don't f1 do tracking as well ?

They do, or at least they did! But they don't quote online for some reason. So not sure if you have to add tracking on the day after ordering tyres online or...!?

They tracked my Vectra last year after a spring snapped and wrecked the tyre. But I can't remember the price or what system they used for tracking, however I'm sure that was added online at the same time as buying the tyre!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club