Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Tit Must've Been Designed By A Committee.

winemart2

When you unlock the car it looks like Blackpool illuminations. When you open the boot you virtually need a torch.

Stop/start should be in the menu, every time I start the engine I have to hit the disable button. 10 years down the line (yea, right) I don't wanna buy a new starter ring.

The trip reset button (on the clock) doesn't even bring up the trip display so you have no idea how long to hold it (same reset speed as the indicator stalk).

IME the rain sensor/auto wipers are dire.

You can't disable the auto dimming rear view mirror.

AIUI the scum can plug into the diag socket, program a key and drive off with it.

On a frosty morning you can't lock the doors with the engine running and stand by the fire for a few mins.

I find the ride quite hard, should've had 15" wheels and sacrifice some handling.

I can't see the auto powerfold mirrors working after a few years, they sound a bit iffy from new.

Otherwise, I absolutely love the car :D

Progress, eh?

Whiney

If anything, what do you really like about this car?, are there any positives?.

Whiney

haha it does not sound like a lot!

Not sure why you bought this car to moan about it, seriously mate just enjoy the car for the gadgets it has.

The only thing in your statement above I can kinda understand is about turning the auto stop start off!

Winemart a think I've only ever seen one post from you where you weren't moaning or being negetive lol

Tough problems ehh?

A disagree with everything in ur post this time lol apart from loving the car btw if you want to keep engine running with doors locked just turn car on with first key and with second put it in door lock and lock problem solved

Not to be used in street btw if doing this

Lol, for once I agree with you on something - the light output from double locking is enough to neuralyze anyone staring at it....but I can't find a thing in the boot! :lol: Why they didn't stick a light in both sides or the boot I really don't know lol.

Also you can disable the mirror if you like being blinded, just unplug it lol.

Yes i agree the Boot light is very poor in relation to all the other lights that illuminate the car. Should have been two brighter lights in there.

Mick G.

Whiney

Yea, it's just terrific to drive. The 1.0/125 is amazing, I semi-gunned it from the lights the other day and found myself saying s*** ;)

It more than makes up for the not so good bits.

• Like 1

When you unlock the car it looks like Blackpool illuminations. When you open the boot you virtually need a torch.

Stop/start should be in the menu, every time I start the engine I have to hit the disable button. 10 years down the line (yea, right) I don't wanna buy a new starter ring.

The trip reset button (on the clock) doesn't even bring up the trip display so you have no idea how long to hold it (same reset speed as the indicator stalk).

IME the rain sensor/auto wipers are dire.

You can't disable the auto dimming rear view mirror.

AIUI the scum can plug into the diag socket, program a key and drive off with it.

On a frosty morning you can't lock the doors with the engine running and stand by the fire for a few mins.

I find the ride quite hard, should've had 15" wheels and sacrifice some handling.

I can't see the auto powerfold mirrors working after a few years, they sound a bit iffy from new.

Otherwise, I absolutely love the car :D

Progress, eh?

Put an LED bulb in the boot light ( couple of quid eBay)

Can the dealer switch the stop/start off, worth asking. I think there is a fuse for the active city stop, will pulling his be ok.

There's a reset button on the clocks? I've always used the button on the stalk, just hold that for a few seconds.

Auto wipers I find very good, you can turn them off in the settings menu, the dial then becomes a delay timer for the intermittent.

Does the mirror need switching off? Really? Either un plug it or put a small circular sticker over the sensor.

Pull the OBD port out of its bracket and tie it up behind the dash, or get a OBD port lock or a disclok. I think you'll be ok, if a thief is going to the trouble of stealing a car he's going to make it a good one. If I was possibly going to do time for stealing a car using this method, I'd go for a focus RS over a 5 door fiesta.

Switch car on, turn on screens and heater/fans, clear your side windows and drive off, will take less than 5 mins. This is where heated seats are worth the money. You could try locking the car with the emergency key inside the key fob. Insurance and police don't like or advise you to abandon a running vehicle though, so it's at your risk.

You can buy smaller wheels, maybe even try different tyres.

You can turn the auto folding mirror function off in the settings menu, which is a good idea in cold weather as they can freeze and stress the motor. Use the button in the car when you want to fold them.

Instead of coming on here and moaning because you've bought the wrong car ( although I' think you'd moan about the tech in a horse and cart), try and ask for or look up advice on what to do.

• Like 1

So its a love/hate relationship going on then :)

So its a love/hate relationship going then :)

Between me and Ray or Ray and his car?

Ray and his car lol :)

I agree that the auto wipers aren't great, hadn't really noticed any other of the issues and don't even understand the trip button issue.

Love stop start, I've wanted this for years.

Hahahaha :D

Ahh yes, the tech in a horse and cart. Now, you have to be careful to use the correct wooden brake blocks. Eurocarparts don't stock'em, so I bought a Fiesta ;)

Mark, I'll try locking with the emergency key at some point, good idea.

I dont understand the issue with the trip.

I'll try locking with the emergency key at some point, good idea.

btw if you want to keep engine running with doors locked just turn car on with first key and with second put it in door lock and lock problem solved

Thought I already said this pretty much lol

Im sick of mine too. Not sure what Ford were thinking about, but it keeps getting dirty. Why ford. ..why ?

I dont understand the issue with the trip.

You can reset the trip using the stalk, click along to the trip display then hold in the stalk, you can watch it slowly zero.

You can also reset it with a button on the tacho (if I remember) but the display stays where it was so you don't see it zero so you have to guess how long to hold the button. You'd think at least the tacho button would switch the display to "trip".

Im sick of mine too. Not sure what Ford were thinking about, but it keeps getting dirty. Why ford. ..why ?

No matter, they've cracked the problem of the ashtray getting full.

• Like 1

My comp reset thing on the speedo operates the same as the stalk.

I can press either to cycle around the options. If I leave it on trip and press it in it resets each digit at a time. In fact I didn't even know you could reset it from the stalk so have learned something new.