Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7.5 Zs - Caliper Painting

gje2403

Hi all,

I've been doing some looking into painting my brake calipers' recently as I have just had the car alloys powder coated (see thread http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/64335-mk-75-zs-alloy-powder-coating-colour/)

I was just wandering if anyone else has done this, which I'm sure someone has, and what was the best paint to use for this. I've had a look at my local Halfords store, and they have caliper paint, which when i popped down to have a look at, was the closest match to the color of my car, which I thought was pretty damn good considering!

I mean would i be naive to think that Caliper paint, is Caliper Paint? Because if this is the case, then I think I shall pop down to my local Halfords this afternoon and pick myself up a tin!

Hi I'm a new member, I have a Ford C-Max 1.6 turbo diesel 08 reg, I painted my front callapers with hammerite smooth finish. I did this about 5 months ago and still looks great when you wash them

• Like 1

Hopefully, if the typical British Weather can hold off for the majority of today, I'm going to try and paint the calipers this afternoon, I decided to go with the Halfords Caliper Paint in the end, as although it may not be everyone's first choice, it was the closest color match I have found to the 'Race Red' my ZS is in!

Shall report back with updates as the day goes by!

post-60199-0-39377400-1419245517_thumb.j

My son used Halfrauds. Took 4 coats to cover...

I've got a lot of time on my hands over Christmas, shame that the weather didn't hold off enough today

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club