Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Love My Ford Focus Zetec S 1L Eco Boost! Just A Few General Questions:)

adam_woll
聽Share

Hello people I'm a new member to this I have just brought my first car as iv not long past my test and I brought the focus zetec S, i love it as it looks amazing and it's quite nippy (surprising as it's only a 1l 3 pot engine!) I thought with it being an Eco boost it wouldn't be cheep to insure but I was wrong haha as it cost me 3000拢+ for my first year!馃槱 but back to the point is there anything I can do to get a bit more out this engine?, and I don't have the lights with the DRL(daytime running lights) can I just buy the lights and straight swap? As in will they fit or are the fittings totally different?

Any help would be great! New member adam馃榿

And this is my beauty馃榿

post-61238-0-42459200-1419200442_thumb.j

Its a turbo so no insurance isnt cheap secondly youll invalidate youre warranty trying to get anymore out of it as well as increase youre insurance add to that the longevity or wear of this engine is unknown with the ti vct system ide leave it alone they respond well to tuning but at the cost of the engine there are companies who claim over 150bhp from this engine with no reliability issues which is rubbish ford are developing a reliable 150bhp engine if it was as simple as bolting stuff on and remapping it ford wouldnt spend millions developing a newer engine drl i wouldnt bother i see so many cars with one drl as they burn out hondas renaults fords even if you could just change the headlights check the cost its not worth it

• Like 1

Ford already offers a 140 HP version of the 1.0 ECOboost in the Fiesta Red and Black editions. This version still has the 5-speed gearbox.

As far as I can see (by comparing engine parts part numbers) the 125 HP and 140 HP versions are basically the same. Which means that only the software is different.

In the future I expect Ford to release an even more powerful version of the 1.0 ECOboost. Ford unofficially already mentioned testing of a 150 HP version.

Bluefin on mine, goes so much better, and stiil no change to fuel mpg when driving sensible.

Hello ant, how long have you had it on your car? And you've had no problems? I'm read up about the bluefin people are saying it great blah blahh... Is it really that good?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Hi. Been on for 2 months so far, easy to install, no oroblems, driven at both extremes, gently and economical, and thrashed hard in all gears constantly, no issues at all,

just like any turbo though I let it idle for a couple of mins after thrashing about, just to preserve thr turbo.

As im an old un, insurance was only 拢10 more for me to declare it.may not be the same for you though, worth enquiring before buying one

Lad at work got old 2ltre fiesta st and he cant out accelerate me up to 60mph.

Hello I don't think its a s simple as changing the lights over.The ones you are wanting are on the Tit X and are Bi Xenon which require the car to have head lamp washers by law and are also auto leveling.

Tit X 1.6 Echonetic (tdci)

20140514_115812_zps9a41f50d.jpg

Hello Kevin, Ohhh I see I was unaware that you needed them by law! Looks like it's gonna be one of then things I'm gonna have to out up with till I get my new car then cheers for the info lads!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club