Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Key Spinning In Ignition And In Car Doors

Janis07

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knows or has heard of this problem and can help. My car key on occasions spins in the ignition and the car door locks. Is it the key or is it something else? Any information is appreciated!!

It feels like it might just be the key spinning but not too sure. Yes am swaying more to the car key wearing down, I think that might be the problem. Do you know how much a new car key would cost from a ford dealership? Thanks for replying to my post too.

It feels like it might just be the key spinning but not too sure. Yes am swaying more to the car key wearing down, I think that might be the problem. Do you know how much a new car key would cost from a ford dealership? Thanks for replying to my post too.

Ford dealers are probably the most expensive place to go for a new key, I'd find an auto locksmith personally. So thimpsons places do them,

I got just the blade for my key from this place, they cut based on your keys code or based on a picture

https://keysinthepost.com/product-category/modern/ford/

Other people may have other places or ideas :-) when I went to the Ford dealer they quoted me around £150 to cut and code a key

Yeah your right Jazman23. I know timpsons quoted me £40 when I just wanted a spare key cut. I was just thinking that maybe if the key was worn there would be no point doing it through timpsons. So if this is a silly question but if the key is worn if I get it cut again through timpsons would I not have the same problem because they used my old key to copy it if you know what I mean???

Yeah your right Jazman23. I know timpsons quoted me £40 when I just wanted a spare key cut. I was just thinking that maybe if the key was worn there would be no point doing it through timpsons. So if this is a silly question but if the key is worn if I get it cut again through timpsons would I not have the same problem because they used my old key to copy it if you know what I mean???

Yeah I get what you mean, I'm not sure, best of talking to them see what they say. If you have the key cod after this long I dunno if they can cut from that?

If it's a 'Tibbe' key then they should be able to read the key code by eye and cut a new blade for you.

If it's a 'laser' key then a worn blade is harder to copy.

Tibbe-

post-28494-0-04720900-1419400387_thumb.j

Laser-

post-28494-0-72495000-1419400403_thumb.j

How to read a Tibbe key code-

post-28494-0-84162700-1419400439_thumb.j

Hi everyone. Good news I went to timpsons and stoney871 you were right it was a tibbe lock and they quoted me £40 to get another cut. So got the key cut and wahla the problem has been resolved no more spinning doors or ignition. So it was the key along. Just wanna say a massive thank you to everyone that took the time to reply to my post. Merry Christmas!!