Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Please

cjg199

Hi everyone,

I've got a 51 plate focus 1.6 petrol, and it's developed a fault recently.

When i pull off, it's juddering till I'm above 2000 rpm, it doesn't matter what gear and if I'm just pulling into a street without stopping it still does it. The easiest way to describe it, is its like its missing or the throttles cutting in and out. I've tried recently driving really gentley and I doesn't seem to be as bad.

However if I floor it, it's got no pick up at all. It does the same thing..

I'm assuming it's a fuelling or ignition issue.

Anyone have any idea what it could be?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Chris

Any fault lights???? It could be spark plugs ht leads coil pack fuel pump faulty sensor to name a few start with the basics check the plugs and plug gaps 1.0mm check the air filter and hoses for splits if theres no fault codes then the cheapest option is to have it plugged into diagnostics new ht leads are around £60-70 a coil pack £30 plugs £18 for the set youre best to replace them all if the leads are at fault and you replace the coil pack the faulty lead can then knacker the new coil and vice versa eBay do genuine ford coil packs cheaper than ford plugs are again cheap its just the leads that are expensive you get cheap ones but they are rubbish

Try the dash trick ignition off hold the trip reset button in and keep it pushed down now either turn the ignition to position two or on test will appear on the dash now each press will go through the menu till you get to dtc note any dtc codes

Yep. I'd be checking out the coil pack. Sounds like it's goosed

Yep. I'd be checking out the coil pack. Sounds like it's goosed

Coil pack im betting too, but before changing coil pack check spark plugs as they can cause new coil pack to fail.

I hope it's not that, it's had a new cat and manifold, and both lambda probes was changed. And that's around a year ago

Just to add some more to this, I took for a run earlier tonight. Wasn't long but it had to be done, anyway it was long enough for it to get to running temp. Started from cold all normal. When I set off to come back (still at running temp) was fine, dropped onto the a1, acellerated fine, got up to speed and then you could feel a slight judder as before but at speed.. Still would agree sounds like plugs or coil. Just thought I'd add more info

Right.. Had a look today, the plugs were all at 1mm changed them to 1.3 as according to the Haynes manual, ran like dog dirt changed them back to 1mm missfire still there, the leads seem okay, haven't checked the coil yet. However you asked about the fault codes. The engine management light has been on for a while since I changed the cat, I've taken it off and it comes back. It's because it doesn't like the cat that's on. Ran fine like that for a long while. Ran the dash trick like you said.. 9318. I googled it.. Aparently my battery voltage is low. Now cant see this effecting the missfire thiugh, so looks like it wants a new battery now to! -.-

Thank for you everyone for your help, problem solved! :) changed the coil! :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club