Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2 Brake Pedal Height

kpg

Are the pedals adjustable on the MK2 ? My brake pedal is seriously high compared to the accelerator. So much so that it's giving me a bad knee on my right leg. My foot has to stretch backwards quite a bit from the accelerator to reach the brake.

Is there anything that can be done with the brake pedal maybe?

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

I think there was an option at one time for adjustable pedals, but other than that the pedals aren't adjustable.

There may be some creative ways to alter brake pedal height but obviously the safety aspect can't be ignored.

Have you compared with other cars to see if it's the norm for how the pedals sit?

I think there was an option at one time for adjustable pedals, but other than that the pedals aren't adjustable.

There may be some creative ways to alter brake pedal height but obviously the safety aspect can't be ignored.

Have you compared with other cars to see if it's the norm for how the pedals sit?

I haven't had a chance to compare if I'm honest. I know the fiesta I had, the pedals were all more or less the same height. I'll have to have a look at another mk2 focus.

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

Checked mine this evening while out on a late shopping trip - brake pedal is maybe 1-2 inches higher than the accelerator. Could be a few reasons for this, legal requirements etc

Trying to change anything with the position of the brake would be a bit challenging, especially as most of the mounting, pivot points etc are buried behind the dash plus there's springs and switches to take into account.

Coming at the problem from a different direction would increasing the height of the accelerator pedal with a block of some sort give the same effect for you?

I'm not sure. The accelerator is probably in the perfect position it's just the brake feels really high. The clutch is even higher but that doesn't bother me really.

I don't want to have to get rid of the car but I can't go the rest of my days with a painful knee.

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

The clutch pedal is comedy high in the focus, never really had a problem with the accelerator pedal/brake pedal location, and I have got used to the clutch position. Mine is a mk2.5, I will measure it at some point, see the height difference.

Clutch and brake are same level in mine, with accelerator lower say 40mm (ish)

I'm able to move my right foot from pedal to pedal mainly with ankle movement, but being vertically challenged I tend to have the seat fairly forward - could be worth trying seat adjustment to see if it can help?

Clutch and brake are same level in mine, with accelerator lower say 40mm (ish)

I'm able to move my right foot from pedal to pedal mainly with ankle movement, but being vertically challenged I tend to have the seat fairly forward - could be worth trying seat adjustment to see if it can help?

I think l try seat adjustment tomorrow. I'm quite tall so I have my chair 3 or 4 rungs from the very back I think and the seats down as far as it can go. That's just so I can actually sit relatively comfortably.

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club