Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Upgraded Org. Sat Nav Unit, Now No Bluetooth & Usb Connection

ssd1984

Ah okay, Then I can make my own spare wires, if I can find these 4 pin connectors? Do you know if they have numbers? Or How can I find out which one is 6 & 12 and 4 & 5

The connector blocks are numbered so top row on screen says 1-6 then 7-12. Radio is something like 1-14 and 15-30.

Okay :-)

Is it possible to chance the language? I have found one in Sweeden, but I dont understand swedish...

Yes you can change the language just like you can on the normal radio in your car. You just go to settings and change it to what you want.

Okay I could not do it with the old navi screen :-/

The radio/display should automatically adapt to the language selected in the instrument cluster menu.

If I change the language in the instrument cluster menu the radio/display and Voicecontrol language does also change within a few minutes.

A little update..

I bought a sat nav screen(EM5T-18B955-DA from a 2014 Focus), sony facial, radio unit, and a V4.1 card, plugged everything in, turn the car on, and wupti! everything worked!! YES!

And for the voice guide, I made my own wires, and it´s working perfect! and it aut. accept the language selected in the instrument cluster like you said! ;-)

Now the only thing I´m waiting for is a Fakra wire ordered from eBay to make tmc working :-)

I thought I just needed a DAB antenna to make it work, yesterday I ordered one, but today I´m doubt if it has DAB? there´s is no DAB Menu in the radio?, only FM and FM-AST and so on.. If the screen have DAB, how can I activate it? or do I need a DAB interface in my car to make it work?

What about the yellow fakra connector?(for backup camera) what do I need(except the camera ofcause) to make it work??

Thank you guys for your help! I really appreciate it :-D

Yay well done mate i knew youd get there in the end ;). Regarding the traffic i think the traffic comes through the fm rather than the dab. How much did you pay for your sat nav then if you dont mind me asking?.

Yes i think you can get a dab upgrade kit from ford but dont quote me on it.

I do not have experience with the DAB system of the Focus MK3. Personally I would expect the radio to have a DAB menu even if no DAB antenna is connected. Does the radio have a seperate antenna connector to connect a DAB antenna?

The Beige Fakra connector on the back of the display is for the rear view camera. Officially this connection can only be used with the original rear view camera system. The original rear view camera system contains a camera, a CANbus module and some wiring looms. The CANbus module of the system puts a signal on the CANbus network which unlocks the camera input of the display. Without this CANbus module connected the camera input will remain locked. The needed parts to retrofit the original system will cost over €600,-.

However there is a much cheaper solution. The Russian developers of the UCDS diagnostic system did also develop a CANbus interface to unlock the camera input of the 5 Inch display. This interface costs just 100 Dollars. With this interface you can connect a cheap Chinese rear view camera.

http://www.ucdsys.ru/?page_id=350〈=en

yeah after long time thinking I got it haha!

Okay I thought dab is integrated in the screen haha, but not worlds end, everything else is working, I didn't have dab before, and I can live without dab ;-)

Noo I dont mind you're asking.

But tooo much!! I couldn't wait!..... Hold on.. £540 plus shipping, but I'm a very happy guy haha! :-D

Where did you locate your gps antenna? I just stuck mine on the side of the radio unit and it works perfect

No there's not a dab menu in the screen, only FM Am.. Okay again I thought it's just needed a China reverse camera.. Again not world's end ;-)

My GPS antenna is located behind the windshield next too the rain sensor(I dont have rain sensor)

I didnt know it will work on the side of the radio unit.. And its a cheap one from eBay, I bought it for £3 shipped..

I only paid £5 for mine so with it being magnetic i just stuck it on the side of radio. I had 14 satellites the other day but generally i usually have between 7-9 mostly. But it works well where ive got it so going to leave it there.

Im on the lookout now for the instrument panel from a sat nav focus. Mines got the small screen but i want the colour one which will give me the turning instructions in the panel .

Yeah mee too.. But I think its very hard to find.

Do you know if it needs to be coded?

Yer it will have to be coded as your security settings are programmed into the cluster. You just need someone with ford ids to do it.

On the Focus MK3 the PATS system is not integrated into the instrument cluster. The instrument cluster can be changed without any problems. The instrument cluster only needs to be configured correctly and the correct mileage must be programmed to the new instrument cluster.

Oh right i never knew that i got told it would have to be programmed by ford ids. So basically if i saved my files from my cluster and loaded them into a new cluster everything should work?

Reprogramming the Central Configuration of the new instrument cluster should be enough to make it work.

Sounds easy enough but i think id leave it to someone who knows what there doing. Knowing my luck i would try it and the damn thing wont start lol. On my mk 2.5 focus i had a fault with the solder and ford put a new panel in under warranty but they had to re-programe the panel the keys etc as they said its all linked into the PATS security.

On the Focus MK2/MK2.5 the PATS system is integrated into the instrument cluster and the PCM.

On the Focus MK3 the PATS system is integrated into the BCM and the PCM.

I have the hardware and software to reprogram the PATS system myself. I installed a MK2.5 instrument cluster into my previous MK2 and because of the incompetence of the local ford dealers I decided to buy the necessary equipment myself.

Yes the dealers in the UK are just as bad. I once had a fiesta rs1800 and the ratchet behind clutch pedal broke so i took it to local ford garage and they said they dont repair rs models. So i said im ringing up ford uk to ask why you dont repair rs models next thing they decided they do fix rs models. I will keep my eye open for a cluster then. Have you tried doing the cruise control retro fit?

I retrofitted the original Cruise Control a few months ago. Retrofitting Cruise Control to the Focus MK3 is relatively easy and cheap.

I used the original non Cruise Control steering wheel and converted this into a Cruise Control steering wheel by making the cutout for the switch myself. This way I only needed to buy the Cruise Control switch and the steering wheel wiring looms.

I wrote a guide about retrofitting the original Cruise Control system to a Focus MK3. This guide can be found on the following link:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/tutorials/article/274-retrofitting-original-cruise-control-on-a-focus-mk3/

Yes i read that guide the other week and it seems easy enough so thought if i found a steering wheel i would have a go at doing it. I didnt realise it was your guide lol. You dont know anything about auto headlights do you? I thought i might have a go at doing that but cant find any information at all regarding it.