Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can My Mondeo Take Usb?

Barney-LI

Hi All,

I have a 2009 Mondeo Titanium - First registered 11/09.. I currently have bluetooth functionality for my phone. I have the Sony DAB 6CD Stereo & Conver+ display. My bluetooth Module is: 8M5T-19G488-AM. After reading previous threads, I reckon I have functionality for USB. I've taken out the glove box and found a cable connected to the bluetooth module.

Can someone please take a look at the photo attached? Is this cable the connector for USB? If it is, what part(s) do I need to buy in order to plug my ipod into USB and then be able to control the ipod via the steering wheel controls.

If i'm totally barking up the wrong tree. Can someone please tell me what this cable is and what I need to do in order to retro fit USB.

Thanks in anticipation

Barney

post-61281-0-65459100-1419352849_thumb.j

Answer is yes, you need a 8M5T-19C112-Ax bluetooth module, If your converse is v1007 then its a just straight swap job with no reprogramming and add a standard USB lead to the port, Note the A in the code signifies English language and x is the issue, from what I remember when I did mine you will need issue after AN or AM if you require streaming from phone, plus it gives you playlist on converse and Dab from USB stick, your spec is same as mine and I used an AP issue and used and mounted USB socket on RH side were Ford fitted them but you can mount anywere you like or just leave loose socket in glovebox, having 600 mps,s on my stick I don't need to access very often.

Don't recognise that plug, where did you find it, on mine I just took plug out of old unit and plugged into new and didn't have to delve into loom, can you give more details on that plug.

AL2052 - Thanks for the swift reply mate. The plug was taped up above the glove box interior next to the bluetooth module. I've seen other photo's online and i'm 99.9% sure it plugs into the bluetooth module. Also, i'm almost certain it's the same as your plug. Only difference being, the one's I've seen online (and yours) have a black connector - for some reason mine is yellow. The bright white strip you can see in my pic is the plastic clip.

2 more questions if you don't mind please: How do I confirm the version of my convers+? As I already have the cable to plug into the module, all I need to buy is an updated bluetooth module and the USB Cable, is that correct?

Thanks again mate

Barney

You should already have a lead/plug plugged into bluetooth module, its just a case of replacing module and removing and plugging existing cable into new module, you just need new module and usb lead, from memory micro usb to standard usb.

iOver year ago since I did mine but I think if you have squiggle and OK on converse then I think is 1007, just leaving for week away so might be not on computer.

I have the lead and the original connector as a fixture in my glove box it has the same wire as you have in your picture but mine is for auxiliary cable AUX you should have this option on your stereo I use this to play music from my iPhone through my Speakers or as a hands free option all I needed was a strait AUX cable at the cost of a few £

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for the reply mate. I already have the AUX function. I can select aux in using the steering wheel controls and start the ipod. What I can't do however, is skip tracks or select playlists on the ipod using the steering wheel, I have to do that manually. When i'm driving that's a bit dodgy.

Been to Ford and ordered an updated bluetooth module and USB Lead and Bezel. Not much change from 300 quid but hey ho.

Barney

wow, I paid £60 for mine off fleabay, Ill guarantee you will never use a CD again and this is what you will get on converse:

post-52172-0-00068200-1419982339_thumb.j

AL2052,

Happy new year mate and thanks for the reply. Looking at your photo, that's exactly what i'm after. I'm assuming that if I want to skip a track I can do that using the steering wheel.

When I looked on eBay, I could only find the 'AM' bluetooth module. Ford being ford, they could only 'procure the latest version of the module' - yeah right! But, the missus said I can have it for xmas so happy days.

Once I get the kit i'll post the part numbers and prices in case anyone else is interested.

Cheers

Barney

p.s. good song choice mate :)

Yes you can backtrack via the button on the steering wheel. and scroll and select, or one click takes to next track,

As you can see we are oldie fans.

As you can see there is a limit to displays, but you need to set the mp3 names to order how they play, i.e. songs or artist as they play alphabetically, haven't tried folders.

Everything is not ideal with the bluetooth, for instance if you use the phone for navigation the only way to get voices on the radio is by streaming the music from the phone the music then goes off whilst voice gives instructions, which is shame it doesn't seem to work on radio or usb.

post-52172-0-32163600-1420290009_thumb.j

post-52172-0-43736200-1420290027_thumb.j

Tony, info and functions on versions is sparse, It would be very helpful if you could post a rundown on latest version No and functions or lack of functions when you finally fit. mine is version AP

This has now been resolved and it turned out to be a painless process, although a tad expensive. Basically, all I had to do was swap out the module, add the USB Cable and that was it. NO software update required. I can now control the ipod via the steering wheel, see the tracks listed on my stereo AND the convers display. I can stream music from a phone via bluetooth. bluetooth Hands Free and voice control worked straight away - Dead Easy! It took me about an hour in total. For those that may be interested, the equipment required is as follows (Prices include VAT):

bluetooth Module: AU7T-19C112-AV - £212.49. Cable Assembly: 8S7T-14D202-AA - £43.87. USB Port: 8M2T-19A164-BA - £4.30. Total = £271.58. I bought mine from a Ford dealer. As was said earlier in this thread, modules can be found cheaper on eBay. However, when I looked on there I could only find the AM model (the one I had), which doesn't have USB support.

Thanks to Alan (AL2052) for his assistance and pointing me in the right direction. I reckon mine is pretty much the same as yours mate, just an updated model number. Photos below show the kit required, the display on the stereo & convers+

post-61281-0-44642800-1420729795_thumb.j

post-61281-0-88941000-1420729795_thumb.j

post-61281-0-64146600-1420729796_thumb.j

Glad you finally sorted, shame so costly, I encapsulated a right angle usb socket with standard socket to socket lead and screwed inside glovebox, just a few quid from amazon

presume that is display from ipod not memory stick ?, I don't have ipod so stick just left in all the time.

It would be interesting to know the changes the later AV give. i.e I only get phone satnav voice thru radio if streaming music from phone,

• 2 years later...

Hi, i have a sony player with code 7M5T-18C939-AE but the bluetooth module is 8M5T-19G488-CK and the sony player doesnt recognise the module. What BT module is compatible with the player???

Thanks in advance.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club