Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seat Adjuster Cable Snapped Help Please

smartestsmarty

Hello all,

I have a 3 door fiesta, so to get people in an out the back, I need to pull the handle on the seat for it to tilt forward.

Problem is, on my driver's side seat, I pull the handle and it's very lose, the seat will not tilt forward. I think the cable has snapped inside the seat.

Is there a way to open the seat so I can replace the cable, it's upholstered fabric and there is part where it seems to join at the bottom, but not sure if I could just separate it without causing damage.

Any suggestions?

Usually its the plastic handle that breaks. Take the seat out and remove the base, two 10 mm bolts and the seat back with a flat bladed driver and check the cable is still attached.

The plastic handle is just pressed in.

Usually its the plastic handle that breaks. Take the seat out and remove the base, two 10 mm bolts and the seat back with a flat bladed driver and check the cable is still attached.

The plastic handle is just pressed in.

So does that mean I can just pull out the handle? and see if it's still attached?

The cable appears still attached at the bottom, to the mechanism... but when you pull the handle at the top, nothing happens at the bottom....

How can I remove the seat back with a flat driver? I don't want to rip it, is it that flap part at the bottom? does that undo?... i was worried i'd break it.