Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blue Smoke On Cold Start-Up

macnevis

i have a ford galaxy 2009 2.0ltr diesel, zetec. 150,000 mls, fully serviced from new. On starting from cold every morning, i get a cloud of blue smoke from the exhaust and runs lumpy for about 20 seconds, then clears. Runs smooth all day, fuel consumpion is 50 + and i use bp fuel.

I have had turbo cleaned and fuel lines etc, cleaned using the latest technology, but unfortunately i am still getting this problem. I am thinking its valve stem oil seals and hyd tappets, has anyone any further idea's.

• 3 weeks later...

It certainly sounds like there is some oil somewhere in the system, however, most diesels on cold mornings will blow out some smoke that looks more colourful than it is, it could be as simple as some oil has been deposited at some point in the exhaust system, the cold generates condesnation which then heats up and picks up some oil droplets and vapourises it. unless the blue smoke is serious (i.e. exceptionally blue in colour and thick) I wouldnt worry about it.

• 2 weeks later...

My car does the same thing but runs sweet all day just the first start she gives puff of blue smoke and runs lumpy for a couple of secs. It's just the cold starts she does this so nothing to worry about

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Thanks for your replies , but i think its a bit more than that. Although the bluish/white smoke disapears after about ten seconds, it runs as if its running on two cylinders, lumpy as hell, for about ten seconds, then settles down until it goes cold again. I have a noisy hyd tappet that comes and goes if thats any clue. Other than that it runs nice and smooth, and nothing comes up on diagnostics.

• 3 months later...

Am ur problem got worse over last couple months ?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club